Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:cry: :cry:

Picked up the GT from Guests in Knowle after a 48k service and cambelt change, perfect, valeted and really good Alfa service.

Anyway back at home just making the tea and an almighty bang, my daughter says a car has just hit Mandy's RAV4, so i dashed outside - the culprit, shaken young lady is down the road, Mandy went to see if she was ok whilst i surveyed the damage, looks like she hit a patch of ice (not defrosted during the day) lost control, and smashed into the rav4, then ...carried on glanced the GT :cry: :cry: its a real mess on the drive.

I am not happy, the ice is a patch about 20 feet in size about 25-30 yards up the road, then after the ice its clear, cant understand there dosent appear to be any skid marks after the ice, looks like she panicked, I think speed may have also been a factor.

Exchanged insurance details and will get on to them tomorrow.

Took some picks for the insurance

·
Registered
335 Posts
Jesus, im sorry to hear....2 cars at the same time isnt good, but that ice patch looks very lethal! :eek:mg:

The GT just looks (in the pics) to be cosmetic, the rear bumper and maybe the rear exhaust if its bent it... I hope its no worse than a replacement bumper. :(

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
As per our conversation, she must have been flying to launch the RAV4 four foot forward :mad:

Make sure her insurance does the lot, including giving you both hire cars for tomororw morning. I'd call them now!!

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Cheers,

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but at least she gave you her insurance details :(

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Christ! How unlucky is that? At least it does just look cosmetic on the GT and the Rav4 looks like it stood up to it pretty well considering.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the consoling comments - insurance here we come in the morning :(

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Bloody hell - what a nightmare. Make sure you get both vehicles checked out fully. Only positive thing as far as I can see its all superficial damage - hope it is anyway. :eek:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Sorry to hear about this incident mate. Hope you get it sorted quickly and with as little hassle as possible.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sorry to hear about your incident, hope you solve it swiftly and hassel free! Looks cosmetic only hope you are at least lucky in this sense!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sorry to hear about that Leigh :(

Hope it all gets sorted for both of you real soon :)

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Nightmare! Hopefully they'll patch it up for you, good as new.

Good job you didn't park facing the road.. would have been messier.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
GTLeigh said:
smashed into the rav4, then ...carried on glanced the GT :cry: :cry: its a real mess on the drive.
Oh no. That's terrible. :cry: Good luck with the insurance.

Are they a matched pair, "his and hers"? They look a very close colour match!

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Oh Leigh!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just seen this thread...

At the very least, its superficial damage (hopefully), nobody was injured and there was very little that the other driver could have done to prevent it.

Lots of ice related accidents up here the last few days too.:(

Hope you both get the cars fixed up soon and there's no wraggling with the insurers... :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts