Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve owned a 916 Spiders (6 in total) continuously since 2001, and just today I’ve found out that the brake light illuminates without the ignition turned on! 🙄 Well at least the middle lights, I’ve not checked the others!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Could be some rule of car manufacturing ,as i'm pretty sure it's the same in every car,certainly the ones i've owned (and tractors for that matter)

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
I’ve owned a 916 Spiders (6 in total) continuously since 2001, and just today I’ve found out that the brake light illuminates without the ignition turned on! 🙄 Well at least the middle lights, I’ve not checked the others!
i think all of my cars have done that. I did find out recently on my Giulietta that if the front fog lights are selected (along with DRLs which are the default selection) the rear lights come on as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Didn't know that the wipers and lights stalk are the same as in Lamborghini Diablo, and that the dome light comes of a Maserati Coupe :D

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
102 Posts
Didn't know that the wipers and lights stalk are the same as in Lamborghini Diablo, and that the dome light comes of a Maserati Coupe :D
Mhm. 1. Sell my stalks as Lambo parts. 2. Buy some more as Alfa parts. 3. Profit?
If I was less honest that'd be a pretty good business model

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
i think all of my cars have done that. I did find out recently on my Giulietta that if the front fog lights are selected (along with DRLs which are the default selection) the rear lights come on as well.
A few FCA cars do that now. My daily 2017 Panda TwinAir does the same thing.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I know this all too well from my Atollo Blue GTV and its intermittently sticky brake light switch.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Hey chaps - I'm thinking of making an Alfa Nut GTV "hacks " video, with some unusual or little known features of the car. Anyone got any weird tips or strange features to report? I'm constantly annoyed by how the boot release in the glove box only works with the car switched off!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hey chaps - I'm thinking of making an Alfa Nut GTV "hacks " video, with some unusual or little known features of the car. Anyone got any weird tips or strange features to report? I'm constantly annoyed by how the boot release in the glove box only works with the car switched off!
I didn't even know about the boot release button for 7 years of ownership. I didn't know it only works when engine off!

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Would you really want the boot lid opening whilst driving along? All it would need is a passenger fiddling about in the glove box (does anyone keep gloves there any more? I suppose these days some might) to release the boot lid and if, like me, you have stronger struts to pop the lid right up all you would see in you mirror would be boot lid!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Would you really want the boot lid opening whilst driving along? All it would need is a passenger fiddling about in the glove box (does anyone keep gloves there any more? I suppose these days some might) to release the boot lid and if, like me, you have stronger struts to pop the lid right up all you would see in you mirror would be boot lid!
I dunno, it might work nicely as a Veyron style airbrake :p

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
And if going on holiday with the little luggage you can get in the boot, all of it disappears as a result of the Venturi effect!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts