Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can't say there's any difference, as I assume people so desperately WANT to feel a difference that they actually convince themselves that there is one.

I did it by the book, except that I kept it off for 114secs by accident instead of the normal recomended 90secs - I don't see how a couple of secs out makes a difference but anyway.:rolleyes:

So, after the ECU reset, the airbag light is still there, the revs are still lagging when the car is at opp temp in 1st gear under 2500rpm - but I think this has to do with the lambda sensor...I'll get it sorted some time.

Other than that, the car feels lively, lol.

Oh, I patched up the leak in the aircon pipe with some steelbond thing, you mix it up like putty and apply and then it hardens, I covered the whole clamp so that no other little leaks can surface, no I need to refill the aircon and test. The steelbond said that it does contain pressure, so I hope this works.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
i also felt no difference when i did it..

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the UK guys are smoking some serias Alfa ****...coz nothing happens...same old Alfa!

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
maybe it only works in snow

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL HG, you know, most those guys doing this sshhh and claims that it works LIVE there in the cold, so maybe I'll try it again in winter!

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
When my 166 suffered a flat battery after being left for 2 weeks in the snow I had no throttle and a very lumpy idle, tried stopping and starting the engine but still no throttle, did a throttle reset and everything was back to normal, so it definately worked on that occasion perhaps it depends on how bad things are in the first place. :)

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
maybe its just the battery disconnect that sorts a few things out

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah, I think he's right, youre car actually HAS TO BE F'd to have any kind of effect!

·
Registered
665 Posts
If there is something wrong with your car then a reset clears some of the errors, the faults then cause the cpu to collect all the error codes again so the problem comes back after a while. My car idles badly when cold and if I do a reset then it idles ok for about 2 days until the idle problem comes back. I getting a new lambda so it should come right..

·
Registered
459 Posts
So what were u guys expecting? You reset the ECU , it's not like you replaced all the knackered sensors. Mind u I can imagine Guili was expecting an extra 100kw at least. Sorrie guili couldn't resist.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LMAO - jeeeewhissss 159 how did you know? When I drove I expected a dumpvalve sound when I left the throttle, needless to say, and to my dismay...it never happened!:cheese:

·
Registered
846 Posts
lance, sorry to say but you flopped the whole by not keeping to the time record indicated....I did mine a while ago and it worked...ps, I used my cellphone's stop watch to monitor the timing ;)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
isnt it leave it off for 15mins, then reconnect and turn ignition, don't touch pedal and then idle

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cerone - so even if out by 10 or couple so secs its wasted?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If so then I'll do again on Friday!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok I'll do it Friday then again or whenever I have time in the week, going to go regas my aircon 2moro after I fixed the leak by applying some steel bond stuff, hope it werks

1 - 20 of 40 Posts