Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried several comparison site plus a few of the companies not on there and the cheapest quote I can find is £507. Usually Chris Knott are able to at least price match but not this year.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
£507? WTF? my modified JTD 156 wagon is only £300 ish all mods declared and the GTA is £600? There must be someone better mate. Is this TPFT or FC?

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think £500 region gets both the GTA and Spider covered by Admiral.

Buy an old Mini off KeithyBoy and go multicar, it'll probably be cheaper.
I considered keeping the old Punto as was running around in while I was 'between Alfas' but the cheapest multicar quote I could get was about £1000!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
It just goes to show that insurance is a rip off game. Prices never seem to stack up. One person gets one deal and a similar person another

·
Registered
358 Posts
It still amazes me that an entirely 'no fault claim' 3 years ago can still almost double my premium! :mad:
How is that fair???
"Sorry sir, that's how car insurance works" is the usual reply although, I was also told earlier this year that I'm now "statistically more likely to make further claims in the near future" because of the claim 3 years ago! Oh yeah, that being the first claim in nearly 30 years of driving!
I even think that the 'price comparison sites' are somewhat misleading... especially after finding out Admiral, Elephant and Bell are all the same company.
So much for choice!
Car insurance... legalised embezzlement and a necessary evil as far as I'm concerned! :(

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Insurance companies exist to make money for shareholders, not look after customers. All their costs have increased and their invested cash isnt worth what it was as all the markets are fooked.

Hence higher premiums for us. :rolleyes:

All very depressing

MC

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Have you tried Liverpool Victoria? Also try putting wife / girlfriend on the insurance too if you haven't already, as for some weird reason it seems to bring the premium down :)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I paid £500 with Adrian Flux last January so will be looking around soon enough. That was FC, 9 or 10 NCD, protected, doing 12k/year I think. There are so many variables to consider which is why prices never seem to stack up... Not saying I agree prices, especially when after an extra year of no accidents the insurance can go up (because some other drivers are numpties).

Not sure what I'll get as my renewal quote but I'll be shopping around just in case - with no job I can't afford to be paying any more than that but I don't want to get rid yet either!

Oh and as regards other's driving into you making you statistically more likely to make a claim, didn't you know you have a sign on your car now that says "target practice"? My last 2 cars were written off by people driving in to me :( Fortunately there's only 1 No fault back in September '09.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts