Alfa Romeo Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Fmic is upgrade,smic is stock.
And i believe that 260hp and 500nm is descent number for gtb2056v.
Even Joel from jtd performance advertise that turbo for 260hp..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is no such thing as an "SMIC", at least not on a front engiend car, maybe a mid engined one, the stock IC is on the front of the car.

Joel got 300 from his GTB2056 set up (with water/meth).

But cant see the point in spending all that money for such low results may as well save your cash and just fit a hybrid and/or water/meth.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You may see them as low results but 210-220 smokeless hp on twelve years car is a nice result for me(everyday drive to work-and some pleasure drive).
I could squeeze it as much as I can from it but it is not the point for my upgrade.

Everyday car,nice to be seen with a little extra power to pull when I will.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Also I don't want to believe HP figures. Maybe he is out of injection window and smoke like a pig to get 23487624HP from those injectors. I want to see the dyno video from back of the car. And I would like to see how much smoke per HP gained.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I continue that way I will end mapping my car :) - I will better leave that part to Tribesmen that he can play with duration time - for what I se they are pretty similar 243-213....

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Each to their own, personally I just cant see the point of spending al that money for the same results that you could get from spending a lot less.

Joel's 300hp was also without smoke and he posted several videos of the exhaust to prove it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I wouldn't compare it with Joels car. And as i remember, it has 270hp with GTB2056V. Then with different compressor wheel 289hp and with GTB2060V (billet compressor wheel) >300hp.

But Joel changed a lot of things like the exhaust manifold, the airbox, the intake manifold, modified the exhaust (more straight) and so on...

GTB2056V is ok for save 250hp. For more hp you have to go over 2 bar and thats a risk with stock compressor wheel.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Dont remember him changing the exhaust manifold (thought emre2blue was the only one to have done that), he modded the airbox - bigger entry and fitted a bigger exhaust, both pretty simple, basic mods that most people would do before changing turbos. As I remember it was 330 he got when he went to a GTB2060v. Its all there in his thread if we wanna check.

A stock JTDm 150 remaps to about 190, add a bigger intercooler and injectors, maybe water meth too and you can easily get to 210/220. To me it seems a lot of hassle and expense to get that figure by changing the turbo.

But as I said, each to their own. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dont remember him changing the exhaust manifold (thought emre2blue was the only one to have done that), he modded the airbox - bigger entry and fitted a bigger exhaust, both pretty simple, basic mods that most people would do before changing turbos. As I remember it was 330 he got when he went to a GTB2060v. Its all there in his thread if we wanna check.

A stock JTDm 150 remaps to about 190, add a bigger intercooler and injectors, maybe water meth too and you can easily get to 210/220. To me it seems a lot of hassle and expense to get that figure by changing the turbo.

But as I said, each to their own. :)
Bigger intercooler,injectors and water meth!!!
Intercooler was needed-injectors were so cheap that I would be a fool not to change them.

I don’t know the price of water meth but i don’t think it is cheaper then I gave for gtb2056v and I know that I can easily get 250hp whenever I want with this setup(210hp is no stress for that parts)and from stock 1749 You can only get oil leak after few months of forcing 210hp...

·
Registered
770 Posts
@typos1

Yeah, but how stable is such a setup? I can kill a 210hp setup with stock turbo very fast here in germany with daily wot on the autobahn. But i know what you mean. Why spend much money for such a low power output.

Joel has tested three different exhaust manifolds:
  • stock exhaust with matched port for GTB
  • tubular exhaust manifold
  • 4-2-1 manifold
And intake manifold was modified with bigger inlet. He cut the stock flange an welded a bigger pipe on it. Look here: Project 147 JTDm16v GTB

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Bigger intercooler,injectors and water meth!!!
Intercooler was needed-injectors were so cheap that I would be a fool not to change them.

I don’t know the price of water meth but i don’t think it is cheaper then I gave for gtb2056v and I know that I can easily get 250hp whenever I want with this setup(210hp is no stress for that parts)and from stock 1749 You can only get oil leak after few months of forcing 210hp...

Ok, I guess if you got your GTB2056v cheap, my point is no longer valid.

And water/meth is actually a lot more money than youd think for a pump, a tank and a controller - 300GBP !!!! :0.

@typos1

Yeah, but how stable is such a setup? I can kill a 210hp setup with stock turbo very fast here in germany with daily wot on the autobahn. But i know what you mean. Why spend much money for such a low power output.

Joel has tested three different exhaust manifolds:
  • stock exhaust with matched port for GTB
  • tubular exhaust manifold
  • 4-2-1 manifold
And intake manifold was modified with bigger inlet. He cut the stock flange an welded a bigger pipe on it. Look here: Project 147 JTDm16v GTB
Ah yes that all sounds familiar now you mention it, but didnt he go back to the stock exhaust manifold in the end ?

·
Registered
252 Posts
stock turbo is max safe with 200HP and 410 NM, that is what I have.

If I was going with a gtb2056 I wold get it to ~250 and leave it like that.

·
Registered
770 Posts
@typos1

Its adds more power, yes. But you can also increase the iq. NOx? We all disable EGR, remove cat and dpf, so we dont care about emissions 😅

Most people add WMI to lower egt but it doesnt work as they want. Why? Because WMI is also fuel and increase the power. The only useful way to reduce egt with WMI is, to reduce iq and compensate this lower iq with WMI. The people have wrong expectations of WMI.
And to feel a big benefit from WMI you need a lot of it.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
We dont "all" "disable EGR, remove cat and dpf", I dont :)

In fact I may very well add a DPF, one that reduces NOx and soot by using the NOx to oxidise the carbon particles creating NO and CO2 meaning it doesnt need to burn off the soot - which is a stupid idea and defeats the object of having a DPF in the first place as well as causing other issues - but I digress.

Theres plain old water injection also, this ads free power because of the expansion of the water into a gas, the meth is not 100% necessary.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ok, the "most" people disable all emission devices :) I have still a cat installed

I agree with you, only water injections helps more because you dont add fuel (if the target is lower egt)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Little help please!
I am mounting new injectors today but I don’t have a mes/fes , I can get Delphi ds150e.
Does anyone know if it’s possible to code injectors with ds150e??
Thanks

Edit-i did it with ds150e- simple procedure-213 injectors instead 243 without problem - code accepted

Tomorrow morning exchange and testing.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts