Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's going on? If I search for posts by user I only get threads that I've started - not posts within other threads. :rant:

And yes, I know you can choose between the two but I still only get threads I've started no matter which I choose.

Has something gone wonky or am I being thick?

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
I can't see an error. :confused:

There are two ways of searching for your own posts (which will display in different ways);
1. Click your username on any post and from the drop down menu choose 'Find all posts by XXXX'.
2. Go to the Advanced Forum search. Leave the keyword blank and in the search by username box, put the desired user you wish to search for. Choose the lounges you wish to search in (or all of them) as well as any thread prefixes (or all of them). Pick any other options, choose Sort in Descending order and Show Results as Threads and you should get back the results you desire.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. Method 1 works fine - I see all my posts.

Method 2 will ONLY return the threads I've started - all other posts are ignored.

Have used method 2 very regularly for years now with no issues. This only started last week.

Will try it from another PC to eliminate a problem on this one. Ta.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Search ain't working100% Linked to all the other issues I guess...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, but still not working.

I'm also a member on detailingworld.co.uk which uses exactly the same software. The search function works fine on their site.

No biggy for me really, but may be a symptom of something more serious on the site. Hope not!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I found this the other day when I was serching for a post another user had done. I think mine worked ok though :think:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. It's working now. :thumbs:

I did a search for all Joss's posts and it only brought back threads he'd started.

Then I did it again but the only difference was I clicked on "search subscribed forums" (in the search in forums section) then immediately clicked back on "Search all open forums". It worked correctly, bringing back ALL Joss's posts.

I then tried it on my username and it's now working fine first time, every time.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Excellent :thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts