Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... My daughter was the excuse tonight, but also I was just visiting a friend and I am only going to be a few minutes.

These are not excuses to park on someones drive, or in an allocated parking space if empty. :tut:

I went to my parents tonight and find the drive occupied by some *** in an Audi, I now wish I had just parked accross him on the pavement as I think in my frustration I kerbed an alloy in the dark up the road. I walked down and he was getting in, so I pointed out that the drive is private to which I got the daughter excuse :mad: I lost the plot a plot a bit and told him we're ****ed off with people parking on the drive.

My flat has an allocated space and the other week I came back to find someone in my space, so I blocked them in. Saw the guy scratching his head and when I came out, get the I was just visiting a friend excuse! :mad::mad:

Arggggh!!!!! what is it with people these days!!!

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
well eddie, i used your neibours space before visiting before and you didnt mind then! ;) but it does pee me off tho, i have a drive way and people just pull up over it blocking 4 cars from getting out! :mad: last weekend, lucky i was out back moving the cars about to spot someone pulling up. i asked i hope they are not parking there and the reply was, "oh, didnt notice the driveway" :aaaah! :mad:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I agree with you - anti-social parking is one of my bug-bears at the moment :mad:

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Too many cars, too many car owners, two tiered parking should be introduced shortly, on all roads public and private, by order.:D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to live next door to a pub with no car park. We had a recessed garage under the house with car port in front, plus a private car space the other side of a shared use private road. We and our three neighbours ended up putting poles and chains up to stop rogue parkers. The Landlord was telling customers they could park there, and one night I even found a woman parking in the car port under our house!!!! "I thought this was part of the pub"..she lied unconvincingly

In this day and age all you have to do is put up a little sign, and then you can clamp and charge them. What fun.....

I never got mad with them, they were just showing human frailty that is in all of us. Being utterly charming (by my standards anyway) when you asked them not to park there was much more effective in making them feel guilty.

There were some nasty moments with the landlord who hit one of my neighbours (police would not prosecute as it was a glancing blow), and he later threatened to hit Mrs A when she was eight months pregnant after she asked him to move his car blocking the road..after which the police did come and read him the riot act...but even then the policeman who came..(with loads of scrambled egg on his cap..so he was top uniform) managed to park in the wrong place as well. There was no effing and blinding from the Landlord that day.:lol:

For a time it was a complete bloody nightmare, but got sorted eventually. The owning brewery (John Smiths at the time) wern't interested either.:rolleyes:

Sorry for long ranting post

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Yerst! AL:DThe area marked in yellow, including the drive, is the private property of,????? and visitors to the adjacent properties MUST NOT PARK, OR WAIT on it at any time. ZULU FERRET.:lol:

·
Super Moderator
22,993 Posts
I'm with you Eddie and also AlfaLincs.

What frustrates me the most is the fact that some people are actually unaware - they stop , they park and have a "what, what" attitude.

Sometimes I think that I am too nice - We have moved recently and have one allocated, secure behind gates, parking space. Liz has this (you have to nominate for insurance - I now pay £100 more) and I street park. It never ceases to amaze me - people park in front of others garages, drives and on pavements. Normally I can park near to where we live but, if not I'll go a street or two away to avoid causing inconvenience. What's the problem?

I must admit though when we move in 6 months it will be great to have our own garage and drive again.

Paul.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha, I think i know how you feel. I live in a flat and have an allocated space. Luckily no one has ever had the gall to park in it but if they did I would consider it open season on their car as it's quite clear they would have no right to park there :)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well eddie, i used your neibours space before visiting before and you didnt mind then! ;) but it does pee me off tho, i have a drive way and people just pull up over it blocking 4 cars from getting out! :mad: last weekend, lucky i was out back moving the cars about to spot someone pulling up. i asked i hope they are not parking there and the reply was, "oh, didnt notice the driveway" :aaaah! :mad:
That is true and also wrong, not really an excuse but I know he works weekends and isn't back til late.

Oh and sorry I missed your call/text, I managed to leave my phone at work on Friday and there was no way I was going back for it.

Back to the **** last night though. Later speaking with my Dad, I found out the same **** previously had the cheek to back onto the drive as my Dad was coming out the gate, and the idiot backed into our dog! Luckily she's a big dog and it wasn't a speed, but if i'd know that at the time he might be needing a new windscreen :mad:

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
yet again a sad reflection of society - as Nev said, the '**** you, I'll please myself society' :(

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Live opposite a school that we had to fight tooth & nail to get our daughter into to avoid the school run. Despite dropped kerbs & double yellows we still get people parking across the end of our drive, on a number of occasions on our drive and on one occasion on the front garden (sorry, was only a few minutes but couldn't find anywhere else to park). Having tried asking nicely, polite notes, sarcastic comments & taking photos with no luck the traffic wardens then came round and just stood and watched (more hassle than it's worth mate, they'll only appeal and win). My best day was ringing the council one morning when blocked in and they immediately turned out a car hoist which lifted the offending vehicle and removed it to the pound - you should have seen the womans face !

Strangely now we get very few parking in front of our house but the neighbours are still blighted and the parents have taken to leaving little johnnys brother/sister in the car to avoid it being removed.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
An old Series IIIa Landrover would also
work for dealing with people who block
your drive.

Also good for ramming people who've
parked on your garden, I would imagine. :rant:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Live opposite a school that we had to fight tooth & nail to get our daughter into to avoid the school run. Despite dropped kerbs & double yellows we still get people parking across the end of our drive, on a number of occasions on our drive and on one occasion on the front garden (sorry, was only a few minutes but couldn't find anywhere else to park). Having tried asking nicely, polite notes, sarcastic comments & taking photos with no luck the traffic wardens then came round and just stood and watched (more hassle than it's worth mate, they'll only appeal and win). My best day was ringing the council one morning when blocked in and they immediately turned out a car hoist which lifted the offending vehicle and removed it to the pound - you should have seen the womans face !
Take down their numbers and take photographs. Make sure you get legal aid on your house insurance, then write to your insurers explaining the nuiscance. If the cars are illegally parked, or prevent access to your property, the insurers should pay for you to take out an injunction against the drivers concerned.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I feel your pain Eddie - that really winds me up too.

My flat has an allocated parking space in secure parking (so they have to be let in by someone and have no excuse at all) and I know it's mine because it has the number of my flat painted in it. If I find anyone parked in it and I can't be bothered to find the security guard and make him find the offender, I just park straight across the front of anyone who parks in it and they have to wait until I feel like moving my car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts