Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( hi guys can any one help me i have a track day on friday and the exhaust flexy pipe has brocken up and its blowing. is there a bodge or do i need to buy a new one has any one got one how much are thay new. can i get one cheap. second hand thanks for your help buy the way it is for a 1995 2.5 v6 my number is 07956206063 thanks i dont even want to think about not doing this track day jeff.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wrinx said:
thanks mate i have not forgotten about the film i just have not had time to sort it out i have not got the time for this as i am off to swindon to night and wont be back till thursday can you tell me will this snap or will it just keep making the noise can i bodge it i know it is not the done thing but i am well stuck. the site will be the way i will go after the track day thanks jeff. i was thinking of wraping sticky foil round the flexy and the heat wraping it pushing putty down the flang ends and then wraping it all up with heat wrap and metal straps?

W

·
0 Posts
Suppose it depends on how bad the damage is so far. The flexi won't just "snap" but it will gradualy fall apart.

Perhaps take an exhaust repair kit as you mention, just in case.

wrinx

K

·
0 Posts
Hi,

Feel like an agony aunt today, also had this problem, and there's no cheap way unfortunately. The new part is about 300 quid, but it will last for ages and it sounds a lot better too. Had to search round online to get one from various exhaust places, but don't bother going to the likes of a fast fitting named company to fit it, because they won't fit customers parts apparently. Guess where I'm never going to get my exhaust system ever?

Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts