Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked her up from Andy and Rachel in North Devon and drove back to Cornwall without a hitch......well ok the near side front calliper is a bit sticky but it wouldn't be an Alfa if all was perfect eh?
I have forgotten the sheer joy of a GTV on Cornish back lanes although we now have a few more pot-holes than when I got rid of my last 156.
Has anyone had any luck with re-furb kits on Callipers or do I just buy a new pair and be done with it?
Also does anyone know if Steve from Lanivet is on here?
Is Johnonform (?) still here?
And....whatever happened to Roy(?) from Autoitaliana
See you all soon!!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hi. I refurbed all four calipers last summer.
Proper pain in the ass to get the seals around the Pistons but they've been trouble free ever since.
Refurb kit was only a few pounds too

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alfaholik. I hate wasting time trying to repair what should be replaced. i have found a kit on FleeBay and will let you know the results.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
It looked very nice on eBay! A phase 1 with the metal topped engine too. :)

Shame about that little ding on the OS rear wing. Is that fixable? It looked almost perfect so little dents like that stick out. It didn't seem pink or to be suffering from sunburn peel.

I know what you mean about potholes. :(

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I-T-P....It looks a lot better in the photos than in the flesh but is still very clean for the year - Actually the dent isn't as big as it looked on FleeBay. I will probably leave the paintwork until we get a clear moment in our spray-shop and do it properly. For the moment it is just nice to have an Alfa back again.
The only paint fade is on the boot and it is only slight. I wonder how long it will be before our local Plod pull me about the number plate!!
So far so good with everything else.
First 2 jobs are the callipers and then the wind noise from the passenger door - I vaguely remember that the whole frame can be adjusted....Now where's me dodgy CD Manual??

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
alibob, it was good the vendors Andy and Rachel did such good photos. Otherwise the ding may not have been visible.

Did they have much trouble with the plate?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently they never had any trouble with the plate so I will keep it "as is" unless I get any grief. In fairness you have to look pretty hard at the paintwork to see any minor blemishes etc.
I couldn't have wished for a more pleasant FleeBay transaction and as soon as I get back to my garage I will leave them some nice feedback.....I never use FleeBay from home because we get conflicts with The Redhead's account (Wife). If you have ever had to resolve a problem with them you will understand why it is to be avoided at all costs!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts