Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I received my new macbook pro.

I bought it with the 2.4Ghz processor and basic ram (2GB) and the basic HD (250GB)

I have also got through the post today an upgrade HD of 500GB and a ram upgrade to 4GB.

I am officially a convert. I love my MBP. :eek:

2 years ago I swore I wouldn't go mac. But I love it now. :sirs:

Geek tastic.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts

I bought it with the 2.4Ghz processor and basic ram (2GB) and the basic HD (250GB)

I have also got through the post today an upgrade HD of 500GB and a ram upgrade to 4GB.

Geek tastic.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Good man

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I loved mine when I first got it too. :)

But once the novelty wore off, I'm left disappointed that:
- it's got rubbish built-in wireless (like they all do)
- the battery has died already (like they all do).
- the screen is starting to bend away from the centre catch when it's closed (like they all do)

I still like the look of it, and it's not entirely rubbish, but I'm not really getting the "reassuringly expensive" Apple ownership experience I read so much about. It's been styled rather than designed, and that's a shame.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
I loved mine when I first got it too. :)

But once the novelty wore off, I'm left disappointed that:
- it's got rubbish built-in wireless (like they all do)
- the battery has died already (like they all do).
- the screen is starting to bend away from the centre catch when it's closed (like they all do)

I still like the look of it, and it's not entirely rubbish, but I'm not really getting the "reassuringly expensive" Apple ownership experience I read so much about. It's been styled rather than designed, and that's a shame.
Which model is yours? If the screen is bending away then surely you could have had it repaired under your apple care warranty?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
So whats so good about them then?

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
If it's anything like my iPhone that I'm trying to set up for my own email account access, then it's horrendously frustrating and slow. NO manual settings to edit (even though I know them all), it tries to guess them for you, which is taking AGES.

Everything it does however, it does perfectly. It's what it doesn't do that is the problem. :rant:

·
Registered
15,299 Posts

Geek tastic.
A man with excellent taste :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
If it's anything like my iPhone that I'm trying to set up for my own email account access, then it's horrendously frustrating and slow. NO manual settings to edit (even though I know them all), it tries to guess them for you, which is taking AGES.

Everything it does however, it does perfectly. It's what it doesn't do that is the problem. :rant:
I set mine up for my personal email acc in about 2 min!

N

·
0 Posts
Have you tried setting a proxy for Safari?

You have to set it in the network setting. Easy peasy.

But if then you don't want to use proxy all the time, when you switch it off
it deletes the setting. PoS!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Which model is yours? If the screen is bending away then surely you could have had it repaired under your apple care warranty?
It's a 15" MacBook Pro, core 2 duo 2.16GHz.

The screen bend is a known problem ( and please don't say "it can't be, I've never heard about it" :) ) that can affect all the MBPs of this era, and people have tried to get them repaired only for Apple to say that the amount of bend is 'within specification'.

The macosxhints Forums - View Poll Results

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
It's a 15" MacBook Pro, core 2 duo 2.16GHz.

The screen bend is a known problem ( and please don't say "it can't be, I've never heard about it" :) ) that can affect all the MBPs of this era, and people have tried to get them repaired only for Apple to say that the amount of bend is 'within specification'.

The macosxhints Forums - View Poll Results
so is it a problem or not?

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Because the applications, UI and the actual OS are not intertwined so
when something s**ts the bed it does bring the whole house of
cards down with it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: thats a nice way of putting it

1 - 20 of 167 Posts