Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new Huawei is great BUT... I'm having some issues playing audio in my 67 plate Giulia (pre Android auto). On first pairing the phone I get sound, but the next time I start the car, the audio is visibly playing on the screen, but there is no sound. No amount of fiddling with the settings solves it - you have to completely delete the device and start again. I'm using Spotify but the same applies the Google's Music player and Huwawei's own media player as well. Even when the sound is working, you can't browse your library via the car in the way you could with Apple Music, you have to use the phone. But I'm guessing that's an Android thing. Anyone experienced the same issue? (excuse the typo in the thread title!)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had problems with the bluetooth audio (bluetooth phone worked fine) with my Nokia 8 after the Android 7 update, before the update it worked fine in the Alfa. Bizarrely it was the opposite in my wifes car, it didn't work reliably until after the Android 7 update.

I had a couple of old phones that worked fine, so I ditched the Nokia and I'm using a Moto X which is fine in both cars, my wifes iphone is also fine in both cars. It's all very frustrating.

I realise that's not very helpful.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Has anyone got an Android phone that works flawlessly with the Giulia over bluetooth?

I've been trying several (old) phones since I ditched the Nokia 8 and all seem to have some level of bluetooth issue, I'm currently using a Nexus 6 (the original one) and it's worked for weeks with no issue then today the phone would not work (no sound), tried rebooting the phone - no joy, it started to work again after I turned the car off for a while (filling up at the petrol station).

It is too much to ask to have the phone / media work every time I use the car?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Has anyone got an Android phone that works flawlessly with the Giulia over bluetooth?

I've been trying several (old) phones since I ditched the Nokia 8 and all seem to have some level of bluetooth issue, I'm currently using a Nexus 6 (the original one) and it's worked for weeks with no issue then today the phone would not work (no sound), tried rebooting the phone - no joy, it started to work again after I turned the car off for a while (filling up at the petrol station).

It is too much to ask to have the phone / media work every time I use the car?
Not had any issues with Samsung S7 or S8 running Android 8. Connects every time for audio and phone. Generally use via BT with Android Auto app (via phone screen as don't have onboard AA/ACP) and have used fine with Amazon Music and Spotify apps seperately too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So my new Huawei is great BUT... I'm having some issues playing audio in my 67 plate Giulia (pre Android auto). On first pairing the phone I get sound, but the next time I start the car, the audio is visibly playing on the screen, but there is no sound. No amount of fiddling with the settings solves it - you have to completely delete the device and start again. I'm using Spotify but the same applies the Google's Music player and Huwawei's own media player as well. Even when the sound is working, you can't browse your library via the car in the way you could with Apple Music, you have to use the phone. But I'm guessing that's an Android thing. Anyone experienced the same issue? (excuse the typo in the thread title!)
I have this problem sometimes (also have P20 Pro) but found that simply turning the bluetooth off and then on again, on the phone, works for me. No idea why and the phone is connected correctly as it will make calls

·
Registered
188 Posts
LG G6 here which used to show text messages but then stopped - audio is fine but sometimes there's a stutter, not sure if that's the car or the phone playback.
Texts to my my girlfriends cheap samsung do show up on the infotainment screen though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts