Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread say's I've finally thrown caution to the winds :rolleyes: and bought a 3 litre 2000 W reg 166 Super :inlove: , with only 49k on the clock, one owner from new, good service history, and looks immaculate :inlove: . I am so happy I could weee, I pick her up on Sat 27th.
Here are some pics. If I can get them to upload :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I can hardly wait to get the train from Newcastle to London and then to Surrey :rolleyes: "yes I am mad". Then the journey home :lol: . It should be a monster ride, SP30 here I come :cheese: .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice one - I was going to go for that one but couldn't get things together in time. looks great :cool:
Thanks mate, spotted it on ebay with only 7 minutes left and a bottle of wine on board and decided to take the plunge :) . Having said that you are one hell of a lot closer than me so it would have been a bit less of a trek for you, but I have the finance after my GTV was Murdered :cry: and my whiplash/injurys claim settled :) , and I NEED a V6 Alfa, cos my V6 2.5 Litre Ford Probe is very pretty but she's not an ALFA.:lol:
I hope and pray that I haven't dropped a Boll**k with this but who dares wins.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Congratulations. I knew I'd seen that 166 somewhere.

:)

I was down the cellar earlier digging out CAR from July '98 for the GTV V6, Fiat Coupe, Pug 406, Cougar Giant test and they were raving about the 3.0 litre V6. Said shame it's not in the 156.

You bought a cracker of an engine. Nice long drive home to get used to it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yes looks a great buy,nice low miles for the year.look forward to
hearing how you get on with her,had four 166s myself including
a Super,so I guess I could be cosidered a bit of an addict!

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Welcome to the madness of 166 ownership !! :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks mate, spotted it on ebay with only 7 minutes left and a bottle of wine on board and decided to take the plunge :) . Having said that you are one hell of a lot closer than me so it would have been a bit less of a trek for you, but I have the finance after my GTV was Murdered :cry: and my whiplash/injurys claim settled :) , and I NEED a V6 Alfa, cos my V6 2.5 Litre Ford Probe is very pretty but she's not an ALFA.:lol:
I hope and pray that I haven't dropped a Boll**k with this but who dares wins.
I've been keeping an eye on V6 alfa's for a while and this is one of the best ones I've seen in the last 6 months so should be fine, I even emailed the guy and asked him a few questions and he seems really honest and gave good answers. I desperately want to get a V6 now after having my 166 t spark for nearly a year. Unfortunately my wife seems to think that decorating the house is more important - strange things women!

D

·
0 Posts
Gorgeous Super!!! :inlove:

Fast as lightning and twice as frightening!!! :eek:

:lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts