Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm still on the hunt for a GTV, started looking for a late phase 3. Ideally I'd like a 3.2 but what sort of money should I be paying? Bearing in mind that they don't see to come up a lot and also, do they sell quickly?

I've seen the below car, its at a trader but I can't help but think that it is maybe over priced due to the milage? Opinions....

Alfa Romeo Car Dealer - Alfa Romeo GTV 3.2 V6 24v Lusso Coupe 2d Grey

Regards,

James

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
That car looks fantastic, the newer P3 front seems to suit that colour well. Looks like it's come down a couple of hundred since they 1st advertised, but you will always pay £500+ at a dealer over a private sale, for that you should get a warranty and peace of mind with come-back should you need it. I've heard good things about Monza if that helps.

Mileage is average for the year, shame it's not 30k -40k, but it's had the belts done, got the leccy seats, and is in a lovely colour combination. Don't think I'd find another P3 in a better colour combo, so if it's a P3 I wanted, I'd go for it, I'm sure you can get it down to £8.5k if not 8.2 or 8.3? Does the car have any bargaining points like scuffed alloys, door dings, flaking paint on the calipers, worn leather? Try and get a free service thrown in for when it next needs it if they won't budge on price, plus 12 months road tax, full tank of petrol etc. Car looks great though, really nice. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thats certainly an idea! Did they fit those wheels from factory on a phase 3 though?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Thats an OK price for a P3 given the mileage, the wheels were optional, standard were twin multi spoke except the final edition which were single multi spokes. Anorak off!

·
Registered
137 Posts
That, to me at least, is the ultimate GTV bar none. It has ALL the extras including the red dash, aero kit, seats etc making it probably the rarest and most desirable factory-spec'd GTV in the country.

I mean honestly, if you have the money and you want a GTV you won't (IMHO) find anything better. I was desperate to get this when it was on a private sale a few weeks back (@ 8k if memory serves) but just couldn't raise the cash.

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1010986.htm

Also, according to the data at the top of the forum, this is the only 3.2 in meteor grey currently on the UK roads. The only way you could trump it is with the Nuvola blue 3.2 that B&W sold recently...although even then you wouldn't get the lovely red interior so it's 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other.

I would suggest you pay £8.5 & insist on a full service, valet & warranty before you drive away. I'd also contact the former keeper for a heads-up. He's far more likely to tell you about any niggles now that it is going through the dealer.

A 3.2 in standard trim would probably fetch £7 £ 7.5k privately with OK mileage. Given the extras on this one, the fact that it is from a dealer and its potential future value I would say that £8.5 is a bargain and £8K is a steal...but as with anything it is only worth what someone is willing to pay, and someone like me would probably pay over the odds for that vehicle!

You'll be so sore if you don't get this one - you are unlikely to find anything better or even equivalent for a very long time

**sorry, my mistake - there is only 1 3.2 spider and 5 3.2 GTV in grey**

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
IF you can afford it then defo go for it. You won't find a nicer example.

It most importantly has the best engine of the lot and would be in GTA territory with a simple remap.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I thought some people thought the GTV 3.2 is exactly the same as the GTA engine, and Alfa have been 'conservative' with the GTV 3.2s BHP figures to allow their GTA models to look like the most powerful in the range – which of course helped the marketing of the 156/147 GTAs?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Just seen it's got the GTA brake upgrade, that isn't a cheap modification, and will potentially save the new owner a few hundred quid every couple of years from not replacing dics/pads from warping...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That is excellent - the 330mm conversion I take it.

In my belief the engines mechanically are identical but the map on the GTV/GT 3.2 was less aggressive. They are normally about 10bhp down on the rollers depending on condition obviously.

·
Registered
498 Posts
You should get it James.
Don't worry about the fact that every single one of us Gtv owners will hate you for ever due to the jealousy you will have inspired!

·
Registered
111 Posts
James

I bought my 03 3.2 V6 Lusso P3 a month or so ago from a dealer for £7.7k. Alfa silver with red leather, 29K miles, and had the cambelt/tensioners done as part of the deal.

Not a fan of the Cup kit/spoiler and wanted the 'Enzo' five spokes, and mine has the GTA brakes, so think this was standard on the P3.

Was pretty lucky to find it at this price as I've been looking for a while.

This one 2004 Alfa Romeo GTV 3.2 V6 Lusso was on at £11.5K

This one is same spec as mine (colour/wheels but black rather than red leather) and was on at £9.75K http://www.alfaholics.com/cars_for_sale_menu/modern/document_155_156.php

Finally: Buy it - it's ace.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
1st of those P3s has big brakes, 2nd one looks like normal ones. Bigger ones do look good with those wheels as they show so much of them off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts