Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fancy a run from Cromer to Hunstanton on 18 May (Sunday)?

This is a favourite road of mine - Liz and I stay in Blakeney or Cley a couple of times a year. Unfortunately I will be away on holiday then.

SO - why organise an event when I am away I hear you ask?

Well AROC are organising this and have invited AO members along, again (see Snetterton thread) a whole bunch of Alfas together cannot be a bad thing. I have a whole bunch of flyers to dish out and, who knows, we may get some new members.

Paul.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Come on people! Don't tell me I'm the only one interested!

Lets get the EA division of AlfaOwner on the map! We need more people turning out for events than this!

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Oops replied in the wrong bit! Just for those of you that can't read that :lol: I am part of the EA division and I am interested!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry, just been finishing off all the stuff from sunday at Snetterton before starting on the next outing.

We will be having a coastal run down the A149 from Cromer to Hunstanton on Sunday May 18.

Meet at Meadow Road car park, Cromer from 11:00 AM for an 11.30 start and follow the A149 to Hunstanton, arriving at Cliff Carpark, Lighthouse Close, Hunstanton. PE36 6EL for a fish and chip lunch.

It's a pay and display, it has a Shop and Cafe, Beach access and a 'bus stop' for the road train into the centre of Hunstanton.

The food in the Cafe is reasonably priced and Steve and Georgie enjoyed their meals there. The dearest meals were only £6. (Cod and Chips, Lasagne and Chips etc.)

The parking costs £1.50 for 1 hour, £2.70 for 2 hours and £4.40 for the day.

The 'road train' costs about 50p into town and leaves the car park at 12, 1, 2.30, 3.30 and 4.30 pm.

The car park is about 37 miles from Cromer.

Hope to see you at Cromer.

Clare

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Just posted a no but thought i'd expand a little on my reason. Stone in Staffordshire are holding an Italian day, to which i've been invited to bring my Berlina, along with fellow members of the West Mids AROC section. We as a family have had several short holidays in Hunstanton and would have loved to join in on this event. Maybe next time hey?

P.S. Don't forget to take a ride on the Wash Monster from south beach, its a bit of a hoot:D riding across the sand and into the sea.:thumbs:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Would love to come as I live not far away but car is in bits. (no seats and carpet). Could pop into car park for meet and hide the Astra.

·
Registered
268 Posts
You might struggle to get into the car park if the weather's anything like it was today. At lunch time there was a 5 mile queue just to get into Hunstanton from the King's Lynn road. Shouldn't be a hold up from the Cromer direction though even with good weather.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Yeh, I had the same thought, would probably be better doing the route in reverse, and ending up on the large grass car park at the end of the promenade in Cromer, but with it being organised by AROC I'm not sure whether we would have a say?!

Might be worth suggesting it to Clare though.

Would be nice to meet up with you both again, either end of the road!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can't really change the run now as less than a week to go and all the advertisements have been out for a while but if it's a success on Sunday maybe we can reverse it for next year.

And of course you have a say.. I am (and Paul is) always open to suggestions to improve things as we run AO and AROC for Alfa enthuiasts.

look forward to seeing you Sunday.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wouldn't worry. Weather was exceptional this weekend. Can't see it lasting until next weekend so shouldn't be so busy. Hope to meet up with you somewhere along the route:)

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I can't really change the run now as less than a week to go and all the advertisements have been out for a while...
I guessed that would be the case. I should have perhaps mentioned it earlier.

GTA_Clare said:
...but if it's a success on Sunday maybe we can reverse it for next year.
Sounds good to me!

GTA_Clare said:
look forward to seeing you Sunday.
You too.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
At least the weather held out for us today! A nice drive along the coast, thoroughly enjoyed it.

What was that little cafe like? Lissa and I took a walk along the cliffs and got burger and chips followed by some scrumptious fresh donuts!

Anyway, I've uploaded the pics I took, but unfortunately as they were not only taken on my phone, but I had a dirty lens, so they are not best quality- at all!!!

Here they are!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts