Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Under carpet rattle

I think something (a coin?) has gotten into the raised carpet thing under my passenger seat - its rattling around in there and driving me mad.

Anyone know how to access this? There doesn't seem to be an obvious way, apart from removing the seat and pulling up the carpet.

From what I've read it is where the airbag management system is located....

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Powerful magnet...like the ones in hard disks?
I will see if that is possible, but if the object is a coin, it won't stick to the magnet.

I might have to cut it open - I don't want to resort to this, but it is hidden by the seat...

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
Is there a duct to the rear footwell under the passenger seat?
(there is in a 156, not sure about a 147)
If there is, you can remove that and reach in.

If not, taking the seat out and lifting the carpet isn't that difficult.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I will see if that is possible, but if the object is a coin, it won't stick to the magnet.
Depends what coin it is. Most 1p and 2p coins are magnetic now because the royal mint stopped making them out of copper when the copper in the coins was worth more as scrap than the coins themselves. Apparently!

Dunno about the other denominations. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depends what coin it is. Most 1p and 2p coins are magnetic now because the royal mint stopped making them out of copper when the copper in the coins was worth more as scrap than the coins themselves. Apparently!

Dunno about the other denominations. :rolleyes:
Its most probably a euro, I'm not sure they understand English magnets...

I'll try to remove the seat & lift the carpet at the weekend. Thanks for all the responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts