Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
huLLo all alfa owners!!!

im only 17 n juz bought myself an alfa 147 2.0 GTA 2003...
i've got sum questions i hope sum of u cud help....

EXTERIOR:-
d 147 is standard n im currently thinking of changing d rims...
bt i really dont know wat size wud fit...
im thinking of getting a 19" inch O.Z. Superleggera...or prolly sumthing else but wud 19" fit??
i hav a friend hu drives a BMW 5series wif 21" rims...but he had d front side fenders cut to accomodate a 21"...wat's d side effects to that??i know it's basically for aesthetic purposes but im really thinking about it...if possible...i'd like 2 accomodate possibly 20" n have d fenders trimmed off....wat do u think??

btw...im currently getting a custom-made bodykit made 4 my car(making it look much wider)...i need your opinions if u'd think i shall uuz keep it standard...

ENGINE:-
"SPIT-FIRE",have u heard of it b4???do u know d consequences it'd have towards d engine??or should i juz 4get abt it??my mechanic says it'll only cost abt US$80...hmmm.....advise guys?

any websites which sells performance alfa chips?i wanna 'chip' d car but i cant find a really powerful n reliable p-chip....

thks if u'd b able to help me!!
**your advice is very much neededdd!!
-enjoy ur rides- :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Sun visor is on. :cool:

:cheese:

P.S. any piccies?

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Oh please... I can't understand a word out of that post... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
'G'up from the feet up' ;)

Welcome to AO Blink. Many people here are non-uk residents so it would help if you didnt do the SMS type postings. We'll be in a better posiition to help then!

;)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Alfa20V said:

Welcome to AO Blink. Many people here are non-uk residents so it would help if you didnt do the SMS type postings. We'll be in a better posiition to help then!

;)
I was thinking maybe Scottish because of some of your text :rolleyes: until I saw the US$ which has confused me about your nationality Blink?? :confused:

btw: :) Welcome and be nice to see some pics of your 2.0....gta, would maybe be help us with ideas for your mods!! :cool:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
bLinKbabybLinK said:
snip
"SPIT-FIRE",have u heard of it b4???do u know d consequences it'd have towards d engine??or should i juz 4get abt it??my mechanic says it'll only cost abt US$80...hmmm.....advise guys?
snip
Well I have heard of and used Splitfire spark plugs in many older cars including Alfa Romeo engines from the 1980s. Last car I used them in was a 1995 SEAT Ibiza GTi 2.0
However have not used them in a 147 ...assuming that is what the mechanic was talking about ;)

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Based on my impressions of the poster :rolleyes: I'd hasten to guess that this spit-fire thing is one of those go-fast 10 cent resistors they sell on ebay or one of those magical, power inducing filter cones that get hawked on late night T.V. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Of course it could also be this: http://www.hotrodsetc.net/menu.html :cheese:
--Toronto

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Toronto Spider said:
--Toronto
Cool link there m8... :D
i have just ordered me a flame kit for show use only...dont know why the dont sell asbestos bumper trims :D ......gonna burn someones ass big time( big massive flames) if they get too close to me at the lights or or tail-gating me on the motorway:eek: :eek: :D :D :cheese:

would be scared to hit 88 mph incase i just shoot off back in time :rolleyes: :D ;) :D

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Could it be Nemesis is back? ;) :D

·
Registered
989 Posts
bLinKbabybLinK said:
huLLo all alfa owners!!!

im only 17 n juz bought myself an alfa 147 2.0 GTA 2003...
i've got sum questions i hope sum of u cud help....

EXTERIOR:-
d 147 is standard n im currently thinking of changing d rims...
bt i really dont know wat size wud fit...
im thinking of getting a 19" inch O.Z. Superleggera...or prolly sumthing else but wud 19" fit??
i hav a friend hu drives a BMW 5series wif 21" rims...but he had d front side fenders cut to accomodate a 21"...wat's d side effects to that??i know it's basically for aesthetic purposes but im really thinking about it...if possible...i'd like 2 accomodate possibly 20" n have d fenders trimmed off....wat do u think??

btw...im currently getting a custom-made bodykit made 4 my car(making it look much wider)...i need your opinions if u'd think i shall uuz keep it standard...

any websites which sells performance alfa chips?i wanna 'chip' d car but i cant find a really powerful n reliable p-chip....

thks if u'd b able to help me!!
**your advice is very much neededdd!!
-enjoy ur rides- :)
19 inch rims? Are you mad? :D
And you are 17? Isn't it illegal to drive? :D
Custom Wide bodykit? Please don't give it the corse/saxo treatment :D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2.0 GTA :rolleyes: :cheese:

Welcome Blink....but as already said, please type in english or at least something a bit more understandable ;) :D

wrinx

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Wimster said:
Could it be Nemesis is back? ;) :D
Naaa I don't think so or he would have said something to me... and I would notice the moves on the Rampton High Security Mental Facility. :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Toronto Spider said:
Based on my impressions of the poster :rolleyes: I'd hasten to guess that this spit-fire thing is one of those go-fast 10 cent resistors they sell on ebay or one of those magical, power inducing filter cones that get hawked on late night T.V. :rolleyes: ;) :D

--Toronto

tht's the spitfire thingy i was talking about!how does it really work??any cons 2 d engine??mind 2 explain??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alfa20V said:

;)

SORRIE 4 the "unreadable texts" guys!!
i really need some advice on rim size,spitfire n bodywork...
could you guys help?
my 147GTA is currently standard.

btw...do any of you watch F1?well im an expatriate living in M'sia and im planning to join the drag scene at the Sepang F1 Circuit....should i or should i not?am just worried of the consequences to the car...

if there's any of you alfa owner's into drag...pls do contact me aight?
thanx a whole lot!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts