Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today (day after the 147 meeting) Hugo thought about it in the early morning ;

And decided to have his car tuned by AutoDelta, at the very spot were AlfaOwner, MrT, Jano, Wimster, Eve, Mel + Marcia, Hugo & I had spend the night.

SO officially, Hugo is now the IMPROVED THROTTLEMAN laughing

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong>.. so he wants to get home quickly :D

BTW why isn't Hugo wearing his Alfa jacket anymore wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He's even sleeping in it :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
@Ivo: who's the guy on the first pic? :eek: :D wink Wait... I have some pics from you too :D :D :D :D

@Q-Force: first and second impression - go to the AlfaOwner shop and have your 147 remaped. It reves like a motorcycle and kicks as a Disel!!! I'm impressed. :cool:

@Hans: it's not to get back to Portugal... it's to get back to Holland!!!! :) And my new jacket... I had to take it off because I had to take a bath. :cool: :D But I thought about use it anyway because the water was cold!!!!!! :D

And... Wim knows me :D I'll be sleeping in it tonight :D :D wink

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hugo147:
<strong>it's not to get back to Portugal... it's to get back to Holland!!!! </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am already looking forward to that. Did Jano fit the turbo as well??

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hugo147:
<strong>it's not to get back to Portugal... it's to get back to Holland!!!! </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am already looking forward to that. Did Jano fit the turbo as well??</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too Hans, me to!!! :)
Well... I can hear a :cool: sound :D :D :D or is just me? :rolleyes: :D wink

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Just give us a full report about your experiences with the remapping when your back home. You should be able to get enough experience during your travel :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<strong>Just give us a full report about your experiences with the remapping when your back home. You should be able to get enough experience during your travel :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes I'll do that! I already have an idea but I'll post a report about it when I get home. :cool:

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Could not resist in looking to see who had managed the first post since attending the 147 meeting!

Let me just mention that I have just had one of those most interesting and extremely enjoyable weekends EVER! ( :cool: I really mean that :cool: )

@Hans and Johnny - Organizers
Words simply cannot express the gratitude and pure respect that I and many, many other 147 AO'ers have for you both. I had many hours to think about in detail the events that happened on the 26th April. The extent of ground work and planning that was put in place for this excellent event was just simply impressive, given the budget of 22 Euros each! Rain is obviously unavoidable, but not even getting wet, could dampen our spirits. You have both set the new benchmark record in my opinion, for the most enthusiastic, and professional approach to an A-R-I-M!

Some how... Thank you just doesn't seem enough.

@Wim & Co
I cannot thank you enough for the hospitality that we received, it was second to none. We were so tired the whole weekend because we stayed up to the early hours, mainly as we just didn't want to go to sleep. I know that I was having a very good time because my ribs were sore from all the laughing/crying I did! It was excellent to see the girls in their element too, you are all absolute gems! I would like to see you all again, perhaps in London? wink

Speak soon, its way past my bed time.

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Ian,

The pleasure is all mine. Of course it takes a lot of time to organize these events and it needs dedication to fulfill the job. Luckily I have met in Johnny a guy who is also very serious when it comes to achieving a goal. And I needed someone who is familiar with the region. Johnny turned out to be the perfect guy for this.

Spending a lot of spare time to organize these events is no problem at all because at the end you know it will be a fantastic day even if the weather is not or our side. To see all those Alfa's 147 together with all their drivers and their partners is a joy to watch. And it shows that people are having a great time. This is really priceless and makes it so easy to make plans for the next meeting.

I am very thankful that you have attended this meeting as well. We have send each other a lot of messages about all kinds of stuff during the last year and it was great and I mean GREAT to meet and talk to you IRL. I hope I can greet you at the next meeting as well which will be held in September or October.

Hans

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by alfaowner:
<strong>Could not resist in looking to see who had managed the first post since attending the 147 meeting! </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There can only be 1 :eek:

I guess this performance should be granted an extra gold cloverleaf :rolleyes:

:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Back at work, and still smiling.

Thanks to you all who made the weekend so special.

It was like seeing old friends again, the atmosphere and the hospitality was fantastic from start to end, even the weather couldn't spoil the magic.

See you all at the next meeting.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Jano, don't sit around here posting.. naughty Get a move on on that JTD tuning wink
I want at least 160 BHP and 360NM of torque, so I can whoop ivo's ass :D :D
It was nice meeting you too.. Hope to see you English guys soon again :)

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Wim,

Looks like this meeting has only resulted in more people getting addicted to AO :D

Even Marcia logged in under my name yesterday THE FIRST thing when we arrived at home eek!

And as Wim already said, Jano, Ian & Neill it was great meeting you guys! We (Marcia and me) had a great time with you wink

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mel Bonkers:
<strong>Wim,

Even Marcia logged in under my name yesterday THE FIRST thing when we arrived at home eek!

</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">She should log in under her own name and start posting.. We'll see how long your marital bliss will last then wink
I feel the first "It's-my-turn-to-use-the-computer-and-post" fight coming up laughing

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wimster:
<strong>She should log in under her own name and start posting.. We'll see how long your marital bliss will last then wink
I feel the first "It's-my-turn-to-use-the-computer-and-post" fight coming up laughing </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So we have had some first AO couples.....now it's time for the first AO divorce you reckon :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mel Bonkers:
<strong> ..now it's time for the first AO divorce you reckon :rolleyes: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To avoid that,I don't think we shouldn't invite Hugo to much :rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jano:
<strong>Back at work, and still smiling.

Thanks to you all who made the weekend so special.

It was like seeing old friends again, the atmosphere and the hospitality was fantastic from start to end, even the weather couldn't spoil the magic.

See you all at the next meeting.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jano,

It was a privilege to meet you. It was nice talking to you and listen to your story about travelling to Greece.

And I certainly hope to see you again at the next meeting.

After this meeting I expect more people to remap their bella. Especially if you have a remap for the JTD.

Hans

1 - 20 of 120 Posts