Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently carried out a HPI check on my Alfa. Always good to have if you sell the car (assuming there's no nasty history, of course).

Have to say my car came out with flying colours...almost. No accident damage/destroyed/scrapped. No outstanding finance. No insurance write-off. Not imported/exported. No colour change. Not stolen. VIN number matches with the details under the bonnet. Not subject to ID check. Mileage since 2008 marries up.... tick tick tick all the way, apart from a one slight descrepency: The first owner changed the reg number plate. It looks like a private plate. However, 18 months or so later it was reverted back to the original plate (my current number).

Always worth getting a HPI, preferably before purchasing.

How many of you have not checked your cars out?

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Every car I consider I always do a phone app HPI check (usually around £5).
Good idea as I then decide whether to carry on looking around the car.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Apart from two or three cars I bought as a student or in my twenties (40 years ago or more) I have only ever bought four cars. First was my ex company car, when made redundant, and two ex-demonstrators and a pre-registered all from the dealers so have never thought about such a check. Thanks for the tip I will have to bear it in mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts