Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys does anyone know where i can get a free or cheap HPI check done on a GT 2.0 JTS that i am off to look at tomorrow , i just need to make sure there is no finance on it......Cheers ..Mark

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
I wouldn't be mentioning on a public forum illegal use of the PNC......:)

There are cheap checks you can do on your mobile but these usually just check for write-offs or stolen, I think - don't know of any that do finance checks for free.....plenty if you google "vehicle checks" for £20 or so.....

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Get a proper HPI check. Finance can show up at a later date and if you've bought a cheap one or piggybacked against a trader's policy then you have no comeback. With a proper check there's an element of an insurance policy so you are covered if the vehicle turns out at a later date to not be clear.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyway, i drove a 300 mile round rip to see the car , it looked fantastic inside and outside started well sounded good .... but was burning oil , checked everything and it had been overfilled with oil about an inch above full so i turned it down, makes me wonder if it had been overfilled by mistake or maybe on purpose to mask a real problem, any thoughts guys ? any used car dealers out there wanna shed some light on it maybe cos i still keep wondering weather i should have bought it and took the chance it was JUST burning off the excess oil and would have calmed down if i had done an oil change and correct quantity re filled ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts