Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a car with number plate EGZ4313 Saab 9-3 but when i ran a check on HPI i got this alert...should i be worried ?
The seller has told me that she transferred the EUI22 to her present car a MINI Hatchback....does the below mean that there is no finace outstanding on the Saab ?

I am a bit of a thicko on these things !!

See Alert below :

The current plate was transferred to this vehicle on 22/12/2016
EUI22 was registered to this vehicle on 04/10/2011
This license plate has been recorded as having an outstanding finance agreement or loan
An outstanding finance agreement or loan was recorded on 11/01/2017 against a MINI HATCHBACK DIESEL 20
LKZ9211 was registered to this vehicle on 23/03/2004
There are no alerts recorded against LKZ9211
VOI5 was registered to this vehicle on 21/01/2004
This license plate has been recorded as having an outstanding finance agreement or loan
An outstanding finance agreement or loan was recorded on 04/04/2017 against a TOYOTA INVINCIBLE 30 DIE

·
Registered
44,847 Posts
It does say the finance is recorded against a Mini hatchback not a Saab 93. You could try finding out from the seller who the finance company is and contact them for peace of mind.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is all ok....they actually work for MINI and must have got a good financial deal for the MINI.
I think i am just being a tad paranoid...the sellers live close and seem genuinely decent.
I do feel a bit of a cheat though as i was hoping to get another Alfa....but there isn't anything out there i like at the moment...MOT on our old Focus is nearly up and needs about £500 spent to get it through...so it's away to the scrapper.....still got the 156 though ;)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
It seems to be against the Mini, however I would question why they have done the transfer - Suspicious but it feels as if they are trying to off load the debt onto another car?
I would definitely check with the finance company or walk away.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It seems to be against the Mini, however I would question why they have done the transfer - Suspicious but it feels as if they are trying to off load the debt onto another car?
I would definitely check with the finance company or walk away.
They have had the plate EUI22 on the SAAB for last 6 years and just bought the MINI in January 2017 and transferred the plate.

Further on down the HPI check it says that the current SAAB Licence plate EGZ4313 is not currently recorded as having an active finance agreement or loan outstanding.
As the HPI says the debt is with the MINI....and in the unlikely event of any trouble i can send the bailiffs around to the previous owners house ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts