Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you cover your classic when garaged?

At the minute I use an indoor dust cover purchased from a local car shop to protect my spider, however I really like the red fitted covers that alfaholics sell with the AR logo on the front. any one use one? they do look really good:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Yes, I did buy a red one with the logo and it looks great :thumbup:

Except I haven't used it yet this year as the weather is so mild. I have taken the Spider out at least once a week over the past couple of months.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I bought the red one with logo from Classic Alfa recently after I got the shell back. It looks great and fits well.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not seen that one, shall take a look ... thanks..

QUOTE=73GTVJim;14148049]I bought the red one with logo from Classic Alfa recently after I got the shell back. It looks great and fits well.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep the weather is just so good at the minute.... Did you buy yours from alfaholics?

Yes, I did buy a red one with the logo and it looks great :thumbup:

Except I haven't used it yet this year as the weather is so mild. I have taken the Spider out at least once a week over the past couple of months.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I know indoor car covers are often used, but I don't quite understand what protection if any they give, does anybody actually know?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Be careful.

If your storage area is damp, then any cover that might hold the excess moisture in the against the paintwork will cause micro blistering.

This happened to me. Stored the car in a dry, but steel roofed garage (condensation) the moisture level was high, after a single winter, the car cover had caused micro blistering along the tops of the wings.

The cars now in a different garage, which doesn't have a steel roof. But to make sure I have a moisture level meter, and a de-humidifier that kicks in when the level is above 75%.

I've got both types you mention, but I use the grey lighter type, as it's just easier.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I know indoor car covers are often used, but I don't quite understand what protection if any they give, does anybody actually know?
In my case I wanted dust protection and as I have a very narrow single garage I get a little additional dirt and scratch protection along the sides when I squeeze past.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts