• Other

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine this, you are in control of a reasonable sized volunteer organisation and you have to dismiss one of your staff, how would you do it?

V

·
0 Posts
'A volunteer is worth 10 pressed men'

Now then HM...we're here for you. Why were you dismissed? C'mon, you can tell us ;).

V

·
0 Posts
I couldn't imagine those two volunteering for anything, there'd have to be something in it for them.

V

·
0 Posts
Although maybe Clifford could volunteer for library duty in the nick? Less likely to get rogered by the 'cerebral types' in jail.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Imagine this, you are in control of a reasonable sized volunteer organisation and you have to dismiss one of your staff, how would you do it?
Report them for benefit fraud? :lol:

No, in all seriousness I was a volunteer for almost a year after leaving uni to get work experience, so I would expect the same level of professionalism as a paid worker if I'd done something wrong. Getting paid or not, you still represent the company. If it deserves the sack, sack 'em.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Express thanks for their work and support.
Explain that they're services are no longer required.
Explain the reasons for that decision (which I presume is just, and can be evidenced to be so).
Hold your line.
If it's a charity I'd be tempted to check your constitutional documents just to make sure there is nothing weird in there. Ultimately, though, you need to be acting in the best interests of the organisation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts