Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 156 2.5litre QV auto which I'm trying to sell to a dealer. I've been asked how much I want for it but frankly don't know the value. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a valuation? Car first registered in 2006 and 57,000 miles on the clock. Mechanically fine, some minor electrical glitches. I'm in the UK.
Spinalfa

·
Registered
487 Posts
mine are y2000 ones, paid £2k for the first @101K miles from a s/h dealer and £1.5k for the second @21k miles privately approx 3 years ago. Thing is they are less in demand being 4sp auto as most are looking for the 6sp manual. Shame as they are a good car and drive fine if a tad heavier on petrol. Dealers tho will be looking to make their mark-up on the resale.

Can't really suggest a value as not looked in a while now, but the fuel/tax/insurance costs on the v6 aren't going to help the value much I expect

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Tricky. There are a lot of very cheap ones out there at the moment. People seem to give up on them when a cam belt, clutch or another major job comes up. There are a lot of tatty ones out there too. They seem to be at the bottom of their price bracket. But, as with all things Alfa, they are getting rare and I think nice ones will start to go up in value.

I bought mine about a month ago for £1,100 with 47,000 miles. It's a 156 1.8 Veloce, one previous owner, FSH and in immaculate condition. Everything has been done. My concerns over running temperature and mpg have been sorted and it's a lovely, lovely thing. As it stands, I wouldn't let it go for less than £1,800.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
A 2006 registered v6 auto could be one of the cars from the shipment on the ship that caught fire and were all written off and returned to the uk, is it a pre facelift body with the later interior.?
Difficult to value especially as a trade in, a mate of mine has recently picked up one of them but a manual showing about 50k for £500 which Ithink is a cheap car.

·
Registered
38,687 Posts
No matter what the dealer offers I am sure you could sell it to someone on here for more.

V6 Busso Alfa's are a bit special, and good ones are going to go up in value. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it was one from the doomed ship! Have owned and loved it for the last 10 years and will be sad to see it go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No matter what the dealer offers I am sure you could sell it to someone on here for more.

V6 Busso Alfa's are a bit special, and good ones are going to go up in value. :)
THe dealer also says that these cars are likely to go up in value. Problem is, I don't have the time or space to wait!:yes:

·
Registered
401 Posts
THe dealer also says that these cars are likely to go up in value. Problem is, I don't have the time or space to wait!:yes:
Pop some photos of it on this thread and see if anyone is willing to offer you money? It can't hurt, unless you need to get shot in the next couple of days.

Likely the dealer will sell it at auction or sell it on at trade price. So don't sweat too much on the price he will give you bit more about the cost to change the car.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Dealer will give you £500 tops as they don't want it. It's hassle.
Private sale £1000. If it's rust free then try and keep it and use it. I think the traditional auto box and busso combo is great.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
People here seem to be under valuing your car! This is a V6 Busso, 57k is low mileage. Even though auto has to be worth 3-4K at least. Not many 2.5 156's around.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
A 2006 registered v6 auto could be one of the cars from the shipment on the ship that caught fire and were all written off and returned to the uk, is it a pre facelift body with the later interior.?
Difficult to value especially as a trade in, a mate of mine has recently picked up one of them but a manual showing about 50k for £500 which Ithink is a cheap car.
Manual 2.5 v6 156? With 50k on clock? For £500? Seeeeeriously?! That is too cheap must have been a dog and due cam belt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts