Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there members who unlocked the first iPhone 2g so it can be used with another provider than AT&T ?
it has firmware 3.1.3 and is jailbroken and does everything except phone service.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
906 ! Many Thanks, I got a bit further but during Neuter the iphone frooze, so I am back
restoring and do the process all over again... Keep you posted

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2g was a gift to my grandson, I bought it some 5 years ago in the US and had it
jailbroken and unlocked in Holland. I have a 4 now which is not AT&T bound but for all
providers. My grandson (althoigh I warned him not to load new FW) thought it smart to do it
anyway and bricked the 2g.... ( you do things when you are young and grandpa is an old
Geezer anyway. Hehe)
Experts in a phone shop adviced me to throw away the 2g, impossible to fix they said. Pshaww.. If you own Alfa's nothing is impossible !!!!!
and the jailbreak was successful...but now Unlock !

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have come a step further ! with the KPN (the Dutch BT) SIM in the iphone I can phone, but all other options are gone, so it is just a Phone and although it says '' emergency calls only '' , I can phone any number. With the AT&T SIM in the iphone I have all functions expcept the phone option. bump ?!:wow:
any suggestions !!???

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any smart tips ? would be greatly appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts