Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Take it out and you'll know if it works or not :p

Err apart from that, rolling road??? Drag race a standard car (private land of course!)???

wrinx

G

·
daiblack said:
Wrinx it seem's to pick up a bit better but it could all be in my head....... :confused:
Does this mean that you can't really tell the difference between standard and Autodelta chip?

It should be smoother if nothing else - how long has the chip been installed?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pascs there do seem to be differences but they are subtle. I'm going to take the car out for a good thrash if I can find a bit of clear road, I tried it between two points in top gear to see if I had more torque and it accelerated to about 5 mph more with the chip fitted than on the standard chip but like I said before it seems to pick up better and the engine always seemed pretty smooth anyway. :) :)
I'm also using normal unleaded (asked Autodelta who said it was O.K.) at the moment but I think I'll give the supergreen a go with the chip but I couldn't see a difference on the normal chip. ;) ;)

G

·
My new chip feels smoother in the mid and high range.

The Squadra felt quick at the bottom, flat in the middle and storming at the top end. The problem was I then drove the car into the red and bounced it off the limiter all the time as I enjoyed the rush of power. I think this feeling was made better by the fact the mid range wasn't as good in comparison, so you had kinda boring then mental !!!!!!

I think you'll notice more difference in the lower gears at high revs (I do anyway)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spoke to a technician at the local dealers awhile ago and seem to remember that the ECU needs to relearn some things whenever something is changed, well I think mine is a quick learner as the car seems quicker just about everywhere :D :D after I put a few miles on it today where some highly ILLLLLEAGAL speeds were reached :D :D . Next thing to do is run the tank low and fill up with supergreen and see what difference it makes. :D :D

G

·
I didn't notice a proper difference until my second tank of Optimax, so don't be put off if you don't feel anything straight away. In fact i think my car felt less perky to start with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.