Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my first post as i'm a Alfa 156 owner since last week. I have some questions to ask, hope you can help!
1. Is my car a Inport? I did'nt think it was but now i've noticed the alarm doesn't seem to be there, ive got a red fob which locks the car but the indicators dont flash and no sound does anyone know what to check please? I hope it wont affect my insurance too much?

2. When climate is set to auto the fan speeds up in stages and cools to the temp, but should the fan go back to slow automatically when the set temp is reached or should the auto setting stay sounding like its on speed 3?

My car is a 2000 156 2.0l TS, never thourght of owning a alfa till i took one for a test drive!

Thanks for looking, Matt

M

·
0 Posts
welcome to AO dude...

i thought the log book tells you whether its an import...it does on my bighorn...could well be that the alarm is not working correctly

all the best

:)

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
What year is your car.
I had a 156 sp2 for 5 years.
Alarms weren't standard in the Irish market, for early 156's at least.
With that exception generally they came pretty highly specced though as standard.

The red key with an integrated fob with no buttons sounds like the transponder for the standard immboliser, and you probably don't have an alarm.

RE the AC, yes the fan speed normally slows as things cool down.
However in warm weather it might nmot be able to achieve the target temperature if thaty is quite low.
Generally I used to just leave mine at a fan speed of 2, and adjust the temperature (18/19 degrees or so).

Wecome to AO :)
TB

Matthew222111 said:
Hello everyone, this is my first post as i'm a Alfa 156 owner since last week. I have some questions to ask, hope you can help!
1. Is my car a Inport? I did'nt think it was but now i've noticed the alarm doesn't seem to be there, ive got a red fob which locks the car but the indicators dont flash and no sound does anyone know what to check please? I hope it wont affect my insurance too much?

2. When climate is set to auto the fan speeds up in stages and cools to the temp, but should the fan go back to slow automatically when the set temp is reached or should the auto setting stay sounding like its on speed 3?

My car is a 2000 156 2.0l TS, never thourght of owning a alfa till i took one for a test drive!

Thanks for looking, Matt

·
Banned
90 Posts
go to a dealer, pretend to get a valuation - they run a hpi check which will flag it as an import.
Or pay to have one done, if it comes up unknown to most details then its most likely imported

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everyone, thank you for the replies..... Ive been down to Alfa dealer, they have confirmed its a import from Dublin,Ireland and the only diffrence to the UK spec is the import dont have a alarm or etched window glass. Does anyone know if i declare my car as a import if it affects the insurance price etc....?

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for that, im phoning around at the moment, best quote so far £765 fully comp.....not bad on 1years bonus.

Just got to get it through the MOT which is due next month!!! Hope all goes well!

Regards,

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts