Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Long story short, I need to sell my dad's Alfa red GTV as he is no longer able to drive it.

It's an R reg which he has owned since new and covered about 60,000 miles (guess at this stage - but it will be low miles).

The exterior is pretty spotless but the interior needs a good clean and a bit of restitching of the seats.

Where would be the best place to start? I was trying to avoid autotrader as I haven't really got time with everything else going on.

Thank you

Rob

·
Administrator
23,081 Posts
Hi Rob

If you are going to sell privately, and with a car of this age there really is no alternative if you want to get more than about £150, then I am afraid it will involve you investing a bit of time.

That said I have always found Autotrader a good place to sell. A few decent pics an accurate description then sit back and wait for the calls.

Why not try on this site in the classifieds Alfa Romeo Classifieds - Auctions - Alfa GTV / Spider - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Whatever you decide - Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
EBay if you want to reach the biggest market. Classified ad if you're in no rush or auction with reserve if you need to sell quick.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
EBay if you want to reach the biggest market. Classified ad if you're in no rush or auction with reserve if you need to sell quick.
I advertise on Ebay, classifieds, & thought they had one of the most views etc but apparently Gumtree, owned by Ebay, has more & Autotrader still the most.

For a cheapie then Gumtree would probably be best.

Clive

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ebay & Auto Trader. Alfas are an acquired taste which can help or hinder. It's worthwhile getting as much history together as you can, giving it a bit of TLC too. I sold my 159 at asking to the first guy who called about it (even taking a deposit) due to the detail on the Ebay ad.

·
Registered
37,863 Posts
Reckon you will get more on an enthusiast site like, errr......let me think......oh yeah, this one, than you would on Autotrader et al.

Stick it up. :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts