Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a description (and tutorial) of how I connected reverse camera with 166’s ICS screen. My goals were to help myself when reverse parking and increase safety when reversing. The image output on ICS screen is active every time and only when I put gear lever to reverse position.

This is how it looks:

I wanted to fit it all in one post but because I cannot insert images into text here is a link for download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QqYQ3ywRVWaDFVQXVMLTlqeVE/view?usp=sharing

It was not easy to figure it out but once I did the installation itself wasn't difficult. Although I no longer drive 166 I wanted to contribute to this wonderful group of friendly and always helpful chaps!

Please let me know if there's anything you don't understand in the tutorial. Thank you.

Regards,
paxman

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Nice job. That was something I often considered doing but never quite got around to. No excuse really, 35 years as a broadcast engineer meant the tech wasn't a problem....just the lack of will. I even got as far as designing my own PAL coder, just never built one. :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys! And post a video here if you make it work as well..

·
Registered
GTV TS P2, Giulietta 1.4MA Veloce, 166 TS FL, 156 TS
221 Posts
I am seriously impressed!

That really is a very detailed guide. Thank you for sharing and posting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you alfaatlast, I have a habit of explaining things in detail... just this time people like it :wobble:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Paxman - many many thanks. Not read the complete document but agree with other posters - that is an awesome "how to" and really generous of you to write that up. I'm not afraid to tool around with the ICS. (my F/L TS current setup includes Loudlink, DAB, JL Audio DSP, Alpine 4 channel "old school" amp, Pioneer components up front (rear door speakers disconnected) and a 12 inch Infinity sub in boot (firing through ski hatch)...BUT realistically, I wouldn't ever get round to this (despite the fact that with your guide, it would be ten times easier than without) SO why don't you give me a price for a turn-key solution incl. travelling (to Peterborough) and sourcing all components. Seems a shame not to get some commercial benefit out of all the hard work you have put in. And it is SUCH an elegant solution. Well impressed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts