Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick before it gets too dark:D how do you remove them from a 147? trying to get at the sump guard but havent a clue how to remove these things!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
We have to be considerate with our replies Smaky, as there are a number of novices who require help? Not all dyed in the wool experts, long past it in my case.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Jamz3k if this is a genuine question. Pull up the plastic cover sleeves, remove the nut, I can't remember the size, about 15mm? and then sort of firmly waggle the part with the female splines back and forth, until they pop off? if they appear seized, just a spot of Plus Gas freeing agent may help?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi

I need to remove my passenger wiper.. But it doesnt appear to be a cover that you can pop off like on other cars, it seems to be fixed on with the metal wiper arm, is this not the case?

·
Registered
219 Posts
:)
Hi

I need to remove my passenger wiper.. But it doesnt appear to be a cover that you can pop off like on other cars, it seems to be fixed on with the metal wiper arm, is this not the case?
Hi there, they look like a solid arm but they aren't it's a cover that is covering the bolt, praise it up gently from the back of the arm where the bolt is hidden underneath hope this helps!

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
turn key to mar, let the wipers go to the 12 o'c postion, turn off key.

remove the cover at the bottom of the arm, where the wiper pivots.

open the 13mm nut

tilt the wipre arm towards the bonnet, kinda L shaped.

wiggle the area around the pivot point or use 2 flat headed screw driver to try prise it off.

if its the 1st time to come off then it'll be rather tight.

you could try re-fitting the nut until its flush wiht the end of the spline & then tap it with a hammer....shock it loose.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks guys, All sorted :) It did indeed have a plastic cover on it, you could tell by tapping it, managed to pop it off and tighten the nut. All sorted now

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah probably stripped splines.. the nut the wiper connects to moves fine when the wipers are on. I'll try tightening again today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts