Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!

I'm going from 1 tailpipe on my G Veloce to 2, and I need to change over diffusers before going into the garage.

How do you remove the rear diffuser?

Cheers

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey Zander,

its quite simple yet also tricky.

stick your head underneath and remove the 4 8mm head bolts (in the centre) & 2 cross heads (one at each end)

after those come out its just a matter of prying the piece off.
again from underneath with a torch its pretty self explanatory so you can see how it all clips together when you can see the clips.
Make sure you start on the edges and work your way in. The diffuser clips in along the top edge.

A set of soft plastic trim levers will help alot as you need a little more force than feels right but just be careful and you wont break anything.
They make a horrible pop sound too when coming loose.

I've done it a good few times now and can do an exhaust swap in about 30-45mins including putting away tools.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Zander,

its quite simple yet also tricky.

stick your head underneath and remove the 4 8mm head bolts (in the centre) & 2 cross heads (one at each end)

again from underneath with a torch its pretty self explanatory so you can see how it all clips together when you can see the clips.
Make sure you start on the edges and work your way in. The diffuser clips in along the top edge.

A set of soft plastic trim levers will help alot as you need a little more force than feels right but just be careful and you wont break anything.
They make a horrible pop sound too when coming loose.

I've done it a good few times now and can do an exhaust swap in about 30-45mins including putting away tools.
Cheers mate that's a huge help

I'm going to see if the garage at the dealership will do it, can't say I trust myself trying to remove it myself :biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Cheers mate that's a huge help

I'm going to see if the garage at the dealership will do it, can't say I trust myself trying to remove it myself :biglaugh::biglaugh:
I got it done this week at my garage and I recommend to just let them do it, especially since there's little use to already put the new diffuser before your garage will fit the new exhaust as I till probably only will be in the way for them while fitting the new exhaust.

·
Registered
627 Posts
"stick your head underneath and remove the 4 8mm head bolts (in the centre) & 2 cross heads (one at each end)
Make sure you start on the edges and work your way in. The diffuser clips in along the top edge. "

Is this also valid for the MiTo rear diffusor?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts