655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a zender kit for £150:thumbs:
the spoiler is still attached to the boot
Anyone have any tips on removing it?

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
How and who from, just be gentle and damage the boot! In fact buy the boot and do it in yr own time at home!!! It's properly glues on!!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spotted it on flee bay he's breaking a 3 litre
good tow bar if anyone is after one.

he gave me the boot so I'll take my time
I thought it might be glued but just wondered if there was any hidden connectors or screws that I need to watch out for.

I have got the side skirts, front and boot but not the rear bumper one however not a bad find.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
On the green 166, bargain - I saw that too, NICE buy GT, Just take your time, ITS SOLID to come off and they will snap!

Screwdriver on the edges and slowly prise inch by inch would be my tip. I fitted mine so can help with that too.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,162 Posts
Its held on by strips of strong double sided tape and black sealant. If possible heat the top and bottom and use a thin wire to slice through the bonding. Mine was removed by the seller and was broke in three pieces by accident, which I had repaired.

I used the same method of attaching it after cleaning off the old bonding using thin double sided tape in the same places as before and black tiger seal and plenty of masking tape to keep it in place.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Get some windscreen removal wire and saw it off! Go on youtube someone probably has done a vid:eek:

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Or leave it on the green bootlid, respray it to the colour of your car and swap them over! The car will have to go to the bodyshop to get the lower rear bumper colour coded anyway (unless you're fitting & spraying it all yourself?)!

Get some piccies up once it's all done. :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,941 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes mate fitted it May its been great took the car to Italy I am off to Germany tomorrow I'll have broken even by the time I get back.
average 23.5 mpg and I pay 61p a litre near me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts