Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im hoping some one will be able to help me, Im trying to remove the hydraulic unit from gearbox. i have removed all securing bolts and unit will only lift up about 2 inches before getting snagged, im assuming the selector rod is whats caught. Is there a way to get unit out without entering the gearbox? im hoping i dont have to dig into gearbox and release selector rod that way.Im hoping its leaking from the seal and not cracked casing.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
There is a small bolt (usually called the finger screw) holding the selector rod to the actuator. It is covered by a blanking plug.
Remove that plug to see the screw.
It will be very tight.
Use a proper tool to remove it and don't snap it!

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
the bolt is called a pinch bolt and is one time use only (so you need a new one when refitting) ! sometimes they are almost impossible to take off, I use a special paste to fit the proper tool into the bolt (its is called an imbus dont know the english name). do not use pneumatic tool or some such... just pray and sweat !

·
Registered
683 Posts
They are very tight but I managed to undo 2 of them with a 1/4" drive ratchet, I must be superman. :)

It's one of those bolts where if you round off the head, you'll be in a whole world of hurt trying to seperate them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i removed it fine, it is a grub screw locktighted in place, no cracks to untit was leaking through a seal. once unit replaced it wont select 3/4/5 gears, only will select 1/2/reverse.
Any ideas??????????? im lost and its been at mikes aerospace for 5 weeks and he either not bothering to dig deep or cant be bothered and i need car asap.
He changed a electrical switch on a gear selector to no avail. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
did you calibrate the system ? (alfadiag or Examiner)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts