Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching on the forum but couldn't find what I wanted (maybe searching the wrong way).
Can anyone help with what I have to look out for [screws & plastic clips] when removing the Giulietta glovebox & central side panels where the DNA selector / cigarette lighter is located.

I'm trying to wire into the cigarette lighter power for my "gps/screen for reversing camera" that I will be fitting into the centre dash storage compartment. Many thanks.:thinking:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tried searching on the forum but couldn't find what I wanted (maybe searching the wrong way).
Can anyone help with what I have to look out for [screws & plastic clips] when removing the Giulietta glovebox & central side panels where the DNA selector / cigarette lighter is located.

I'm trying to wire into the cigarette lighter power for my "gps/screen for reversing camera" that I will be fitting into the centre dash storage compartment. Many thanks.:thinking:
You could actually get power from pin 16 on the ODB2 socket, located next to the steering column - its permanent +14V!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could actually get power from pin 16 on the ODB2 socket, located next to the steering column - its permanent +14V!
Thanks Buffen, but I would prefer it to be from the cigarette terminals - to be ON only in MAR key position for safety reasons.
Do not like constant live wires to the gps; even if only 12/14 V.
Besides I would like the correct way to dismantle the panels & glovebox without causing inadvertent damage.
BTW, is it easy to access the ODB2 socket without removing any panels?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks Buffen, but I would prefer it to be from the cigarette terminals - to be ON only in MAR key position for safety reasons.
Besides I would like the correct way to dismantle the panels & glovebox without causing inadvertent damage.
Ah I see.
I have constant live power to my cradle!

ODB2 Socket:
Its very easy - at least in my car that's a LHD model - your car must have the steering wheel in the wrong side:bounce::bounce:
In my car is the connector is placed next to my left knee - under the plastic flap - next to the fuses!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Grassy

I used the cigarette lighter socket with a connector as shown.
It has an on/off switch and a fuse, available from RS Australia $12.00
I ran the wire along to dash under silver side panel next to gear shift.
Then was easy to thread it up to top bin.

Pro Car 67747000, Male Connector, Screw Down Termination
RS Stock No.517-7600

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Grassy

I used the cigarette lighter socket with a connector as shown.
It has an on/off switch and a fuse, available from RS Australia $12.00
I ran the wire along to dash under silver side panel next to gear shift.
Then was easy to thread it up to top bin.

Pro Car 67747000, Male Connector, Screw Down Termination
RS Stock No.517-7600
thanks Ozforce,
that's an idea as well - will definitely check it out.
Merry Christmas everyone on the forum. :jester:

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
The obd port used to be located behind the trim panel by the fuse box, but I notice on my series 1 that it is now below that panel & even easier to access!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The obd port used to be located behind the trim panel by the fuse box, but I notice on my series 1 that it is now below that panel & even easier to access!
good to know Andypj - as you have the steering wheel on the same side as us downunder.
Had a look at mine (assembled May 2013), looks like its behind the panel - do you have to remove the glovebox as well?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts