Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to upgrade GT headlights with "Morimoto" H1 mini projectors and I have to remove the front glass from the headlights body. The same thing I did on my old 147, last year, without problems.
Which type of sealant is used for the front glass of the GT's. Same (similar) as for 147's headlights? Can I perform the same procedure as for 147 headlights (heat of sealant, releasing of clamps, carefully and slowly removing of front glass)?

Btw, last evening I tried "Morimoto" projectors in one old 147's "Depo" aftermarket headlight. Results are excellent (cut-off and light intensity) in comparison with other OEM projectors for Alfa and other brands.

·
Registered
13 Posts
dusan i have to ask something to you!
I want to upgrade my 147 headlight with morimoto,
what i have to remove in the reflector?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I spilt my Alfa gt headlights the other week. They are easy. I just cut the sealant with a knife and split them with a screw driver carefully. No damage to the units at all. I black masked them like the blackline head lights.

I'm very interested in puttin projectors in, so maybe when u do it on the gt headlights, you could take a couple of photos and make a guide.
Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
I spilt my Alfa gt headlights the other week. They are easy. I just cut the sealant with a knife and split them with a screw driver carefully. No damage to the units at all. I black masked them like the blackline head lights.

I'm very interested in puttin projectors in, so maybe when u do it on the gt headlights, you could take a couple of photos and make a guide.
Cheers
The headlights are the same of the 147 so please take some photos and make the guide for us!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My son Ivan (now owner of my former 147 JTD 8v) made modification of his headlights (see picture) by use of "Morimoto" D2S projectors. This needs more cutting but results are excellent, IMO...
Next step is upgrade of my GT headlights, what should be without problems because only difference between GT and 147 headlights is shape of front glass.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My son Ivan (now owner of my former 147 JTD 8v) made modification of his headlights (see picture) by use of "Morimoto" D2S projectors. This needs more cutting but results are excellent, IMO...
Next step is upgrade of my GT headlights, what should be without problems because only difference between GT and 147 headlights is shape of front glass.
:inlove: That looks awesome :thumbs:

Pleeeeeeeeeese tell me he took pics? I want to do that too!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope Ivan will show one guide with pictures and enough details when he start with my GT headlight modification...

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
Two issues; 1,don't you require headlamp washers with hid ?
2, do you need a minimum gap between lens and project for heat output?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Please ask him to do one for us. His 147 lights look great. I would love to know how to do that too.
Ivan agrees and he will make manual for this modification... I must to emphasize that mentioned modification needs surgery of present 147's headlight reflector (see picture)

Two issues; 1,don't you require headlamp washers with hid ?
2, do you need a minimum gap between lens and project for heat output?
1) Headlight washers is small (and solvable) problem, but automatic light height adjustment is key thing for the safe operation in the street/road conditions... In this moment we have idea for solution. Standard motor is insufficiently quick and we need new motor and logic for control. One thing is evident - manual control (from 0 to 3 on the dashboard) of light height will be needless after this mod.

2) Headlights with D2S are in use approximately two months and there is no problem of heat dissipation, although the distance between the projector lens and the front glass seems too small.

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you MSV and cheers!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally... Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 in the Gt headlights...

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You are partially right, because my plans about xenon upgrade in these headlights dated for six years. :blabla:
Fortunately, Morimoto has frequent news in their offer and my previous ideas (one of these you can see on attached picture) are abandoned.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts