Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have removed the centre console from my Spider 2000 Ts [916] to tackle the dreaded 'sticky plastic' problem. I have cleared everything except the cigar lighter. Can anyone tell me how to remove the cigar lighter from the console please? All the wiring is off.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
( From memory ) The green plastic illumination filter locks into the metal carrier. If you look into the barrel you'll see how the green plastic has very low profile tabs that lock into the cutouts from the metal.

You need to ( very carefully ) release those plastic tabs. It's not easy but it is possible.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
May be done by pushing in those two green tabs by pressing them with the ends of a pair of snipe-nosed or circlip pliers.

At the same time insert a very thin bladed screwdriver between the upper part of the metal insert and the top of the green plastic and twist it.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I agree with pkr and aarmore, and just to clarify: the metal part slides up out of the translucent green plastic part which stays in place until the metal part is removed - don't try to remove the whole thing together from the console, even if it seems to pry out some of the way - it will just get damaged - been there done that :)

-Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts