Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
My key is RED with BLACK RUBBER BUTOON on top.
The car is ALFA ROMEO GTV 2002 will the remote from 156 working ?
I have the 4-digit code for my receiver,after entering it by pressing will the remote works ?
I have not tried the Alfa 156 remote so I can not verify it works with the GTV but I have successfully added two different types of Fiat remotes (see post http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...unlock-code-from-key-remote.html#post10454433 ) so I would say the odds are good.

Try adding your 156 remote to your receiver by following the standard Alfa procedure as described below, if the receiver accepts your remote then it works, otherwise nothing will happen, I guess.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...-entry-with-and-without-code.html#post2913203

·
Registered
38 Posts
The 4 digit code that you already have will open your receiver for adding any new remote, without knowing the 4 digit code for the new remote.

However, every remote has a 4 digit code that will open the receiver once the remote has been added to the receiver.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have only one key The red one with the rubber on the side. I can start the car and manual open the doors butt the remote control for the doors does not work. so i l be pleased to have a second key.
I have the famous Alfacard with a mechanical and an electrical code on it.
With of the two codes do i need for programming a key? And for what is the other code needed?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have only one key The red one with the rubber on the side. I can start the car and manual open the doors butt the remote control for the doors does not work. so i l be pleased to have a second key.
I have the famous Alfacard with a mechanical and an electrical code on it.
With of the two codes do i need for programming a key? And for what is the other code needed?
Neither of those two codes will help you when it comes to adding a new remote for the central locking.

The mechanical code is for the locksmith to cut a key blade that fits your locks, and the electronic code is the emergency start code that can be used if the immobilizer system fails. You enter the code by counting blinks on the dash board end pressing the accelerator, see your owners manual for details.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello again mates,

I finally manage to find ORIGINAL GTV CIRCUIT BOARD from AR GTV phase 2,but when I change the battery with new 2032 battery,the RED LED don`t grown red/light up .

Why ? Where could be the issue ?
That issue is the only reason I do not have remote central locking/unlocking at this moment,I am very dissapointed .

How to fix this and make the red led light up and board works ?
Hope You could help me.

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I want to buy second hand,but working Alfa Romeo GTV/Spider,the key must be RED key with black rubber button,and cirquit board should be in it and working,so the red led is working.

I am from abroad,but I could pay this item with PayPal money transfer and the key can be send to me via post,DHL or other courrier.

I will be glad if someone have this item for sale and price is reasonable.
Best Regards.Contact me on PM .

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have tried programming a 156 remote into my GTV receiver and it will not accept the remote.

The remote is flashing but a lot faster than the Fiat/GTV remotes that work with my receiver so I guess that indicates they are not compatible.

Am I correct?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have a key that operates the remote locking and starts the car but when I press the button (to unlock for instance) the little red light comes on and stays on - at this point the key won't lock the car again and the only way to turn the red light off is to split the key case.

Once put back together I can press it again to remote lock the car but again the light comes on and stays on.

Is this a known fault/ Is there a solution?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a key that operates the remote locking and starts the car but when I press the button (to unlock for instance) the little red light comes on and stays on - at this point the key won't lock the car again and the only way to turn the red light off is to split the key case.

Once put back together I can press it again to remote lock the car but again the light comes on and stays on.

Is this a known fault/ Is there a solution?
It might be that the microswitch inside the key is stuck. What I did, is soak the circuit board in almost pure alcohol. Worked like a charm. One of my keys had probably fallen in glass of some sweet drink or so when I got the car. Pulled the key apart and soaked the whole board in the alcohol. Sure enough, after a few minutes the switch got going again and eventually (it took a few tries) it regained its normal functionality again.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
I assume you have tried to replace the battery cell.

If the LED is constant on it can also indicate that the fob is stuck in reset mode
This can be caused by a depleted battery cell or poor connection from the battery cell to the board.

·
Registered
365 Posts
It's a new (pair) of cells so not that. When I took the key apart the microswitch was covered in some sort of sticky gunk. I've tried brake cleaner and contact cleaner but it was tough to shift so any in the switch is probably not coming out.

I'll have a go at sending it away to have a new switch soldered on - I'm don't trust my soldering hand to d something that small.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's a new (pair) of cells so not that. When I took the key apart the microswitch was covered in some sort of sticky gunk. I've tried brake cleaner and contact cleaner but it was tough to shift so any in the switch is probably not coming out.

I'll have a go at sending it away to have a new switch soldered on - I'm don't trust my soldering hand to d something that small.
I had exactly the same problem, i suspect a glass of coke or some other pop went over the key. Soaking (dipping the whole circuit board in it) it in isopropyl alcohol and clicking it got rid of the problem, it took a few cycles though. But it's easier than having the microswitch replaced.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts