Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi.

My Spider has been opening on key only for a few years now ! It is a 1999 built late 98 Phase 2 which I bought in Germany b4 returning to UK so is European/ German spec I suspect even though it was supposed to be UK Spec.

I have full sets of keys Master - Basic Red - 2 blipper Red keys. 1 is dead the other emits single red blip. Also have codes as described above with 2 different 4 digit codes.

There is no alarm or central locking working I have checked alarm is on with the small key in the engine bay.

I have the 2 small pin holes and I tried to do the left 2 seconds thing but couldn't see any blips ? Not sure exactly where the blip is supposed to show to start entering 4 digit code ?

My wife went to Alfa and they said whole new system as someone else said. I don't know if it's the keys or something else bigger ?

My red keys have a different shaped green circuit board as the guy on EBay who repairs keys for £19 and the photos in this thread !!!

Need a process of elimination .....

Is Chris still doing this ?

Any help/advice really appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
program new key - help please

Hi all

I broke the key to my partners GTV :-( I have had the key repaired and its seems to be working. The red light on the key flashes when the button is pressed. I have followed the instructions from the start of this thread and also the ones sent back with the repaired key (saying pretty much the same thing) The light on the responder unit is flashing as it should (in accordance with the instruction) and it is excepting the code I have etc etc as far as the responder light (flashing, staying on as in the instruction) is concerned the key should have been accepted etc but yet the key still doesn't work? It won't central lock or disable the alarm.

My question, I guess, is how many time should you need to do it for it to eventualy work and also should I try anything else?

Any help would be appraciated :)

Many thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
You will not find any remote keys in local garages or shops. They can be ordered direct from main dealers though, just stipulate that you dont want them cut if you are unsure whether the locks etc have been changed.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=346145&d=1403078718
The pic shows 2 remotes one is a Fiat Punto/Bravo type the other is Alfa - they both will operate the remote and the blades are the correct profile.
It is possible to buy a used remote and heat up the blade to insert a new one, thats really the last resort though - and I would not do that.
Tony
And this is how looks inside two Fiat keys, obviously Fiat decided to change from PIC to Atmel.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello

I have a 95 GTV 2,0 TS that is missing all of the keys, and I want to buy a set with code Box, swich and so on ...
What do I realy need to get it started ? is the new parts just bolt on and than the car will start ?

Regards
Tacconi

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hello

I have a 95 GTV 2,0 TS that is missing all of the keys, and I want to buy a set with code Box, swich and so on ...
What do I realy need to get it started ? is the new parts just bolt on and than the car will start ?

Regards
Tacconi
Your question really don't belong in this thread but I'll give you a quick answer:
Yes, buy a kit with ECU, the yellow immobilizer box (606 22 718) and all the locks and keys and you are should be fine.

OR

Take your yellow immo box to someone who can dig out the key data from it (desolder and read a memory chip). Then take this data and one of the locks to a car locksmith who can mechanically decode the lock, cut keys and program the transponders with the data extracted from the immo box.

OR

Take one lock to a car locksmith who can mechanically decode the lock and cut some keys.
Then take your ECU to someone who can disable the immobilizer function.

If you don't find anyone closer to you I can probably help you with reading the immobox and/or fixing the ECU.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hello
Thank you for answer ;-)

So I realy only need a the yellow Box and the key to og With it ?
Regards
No, read my post again.

If your buying parts from a scrapped car and just want to replace the parts, then you need:
1) The ECU
2) The yellow immobox
3) All the keys
4) All the locks
5) If available you should also get the code card from the scrapped car, but you can live without it.

But you should really start a new thread, since this has nothing to do with the alarm remote.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello mates,

I bought new GTV with 3 keys-brown/wine red,red and small round red key .

The red key was empty inside,there was only chip for immobiliezer.

I 2 keys from AR 156 and took BOARD from AR 156 key(visially it is the same), put it inside my key,replace the battery and the red led light up.

How to reprograme the key to my car,I want to make work central lock/unlock.

Think the car does not have alarm system,there is not horn under the hood.

Will be very glad if someone could help me !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Since you have the brown/wine (aka masterkey) key, have a look if it has an attached label with a 4 digit code printed on it, that is the code to unlock the receiver.

If not, check the documentation that came with the car, maybe you will find the unlock code there among the papers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Since you have the brown/wine (aka masterkey) key, have a look if it has an attached label with a 4 digit code printed on it, that is the code to unlock the receiver.

If not, check the documentation that came with the car, maybe you will find the unlock code there among the papers.
Here I made photos of my originals keys from the left,also I have the 4-diggit code paper,on the right are the second hand keys I bought from AR 156 .
Please check these photos and help me with reprograming the key .

Kind Regards !

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Those 156 remotes will actually work. Where's the piece of paper with the 4 digit code on it?
Are you sure ,mate ?
Is this ever tested ? Some other mates,told me the 156 remotes are different and won`t work for my receiver .

I have the 4-digit code written on the back of that white paper on the picture where is written GTV .
But this code is for my AR GTV 2002 receiver,I suppose I need this code,it is for my receiver ,right ?

Also I made the board from AR 156 working,just add some metal spring from the 156 key and the LED grown red,but other mates told me this board in my key can`t reprogramed for GTV receiver .

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The remotes are generic. Guys on here have gotten Fiat Punto blue single button remotes working with GTV receivers. The black flip key used on later 156's and 147's will NOT work with a GTV receiver. Mate you really need to get hold of the UK guy on the 145 forum. He's the one who can really help you. Apparently he can program remotes to recovers separately from the car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The remotes are generic. Guys on here have gotten Fiat Punto blue single button remotes working with GTV receivers. The black flip key used on later 156's and 147's will NOT work with a GTV receiver. Mate you really need to get hold of the UK guy on the 145 forum. He's the one who can really help you. Apparently he can program remotes to recovers separately from the car.
My key is RED with BLACK RUBBER BUTOON on top.
The car is ALFA ROMEO GTV 2002 will the remote from 156 working ?
I have the 4-digit code for my receiver,after entering it by pressing will the remote works ?

41 - 60 of 74 Posts