• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The definite poll posting HOW-TO (by Poll Master Pasi)

First decide what you want the poll to be about.
the ones that are not too rational seem to live longer in the crazy world of AO.
Go to the Poll lounge (if you're reading this you probably are in the right lounge ;) ) and start a new thread...
Write your rant as you'd normally do and when done, don't press "submit message"-button, but tick a box below that reads "yes, post a poll with this thread" and then select the number of answers you want (see first attachement).

Then press "Submit thread" ...

Then in the following page you just enter the question and the answers . poll options can be added or removed at this point too (see second attachement).
For democratic reasons have atleast 2 answers (prefreably different) ... and preferably, if your whole thread isn't a joke, add one joke answer, so that the ones who don't feel like answering truely can and most probably will, vote for the joke answer. It's always good to include an option labeled "Other" ... as your options 99% of the time won't please everyone! :rolleyes:

There are boxes below the Q/A fields that let you tweak some options, like timeout, which lets you close the poll at certain date, or you could allow multible answers or make the votes public (this might make people not to vote)

The poll can be also added after you have submited a thread via the thread tool button (but you can only add polls to threads you started)

Hope this was clear enough? :)

(Sorry for the screw up with the poll title, forgot "how to" in there ... and the "of" in the last answer WAS supposed to be "oh" :rolleyes: :eek:
I was in a hurry ;) )

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....... use common sense!

You can only answer "Yes" or "No" ...

Q: Was it usefull?
A: Other

Doesn't make much sense now does it?

If you don't feel like selecting yes or no, you can select the third option :p

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...ummm... probably not... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Are you missing a word in your third option beginning with 'F' :confused:

... if so HOW DARE YOU!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The poll is an example... I did it in hurry as I needed pics of the process as attachements :p

This whole thread is here so we all could post succesfull polls in the future ... my donation for the generations to come :) ;) :D

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like I said the F == H ("Oh please") ... Dunno why I pressed F :rolleyes: ;) :p

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
John Burns said:
Oh course, I knew all this before. ;) :p
That makes (at least) 2 of us. ;)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Pasi said:
Like I said the F == H ("Oh please") ... Dunno why I pressed F :rolleyes: ;) :p
Just messing Pasi. I'm sure if I were posting in Finnish there would be slightly more mistakes then just hitting the f button by accident. :eek: :eek: :D

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
John Burns said:
Just messing Pasi. I'm sure if I were posting in Finnish there would be slightly more mistakes then just hitting the f button by accident. :eek: :eek: :D
Aivan varmasti :D ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because it wasn't ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Spiderman said:
Now we know how to post a poll,can we also post a Czech? ;)
Pasi Now we know how to post a poll (Pole,as in person oginating from Poland),can you now teach us how to post a Czech (Cheque)...............Errmmmm,I`ll get me coat. :eek: 9

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.