Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...any ideas??! :confused:

Came out of the house this morning and the Brera looked like it had just come back from 1955! Was iced all over! Hopefully this was freak weather, its the most frozen any car I've owned has ever been! Was so nervous about yanking the door when it wouldn't open!! After 10 minutes of scraping with the engine running she warmed up and I did manage to prize open the boot and door so all was well in the end! :)

N

·
0 Posts
I'd be really careful with opening the boot and especially
the doors incase you rip the rubbers.
Make sure the rubbers are properly cleaned and greased
with silicone grease as this has quite a low freezing point.

Not that I know much about that kind of weather with
the Brera. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had this problem this morning, if you haven't greased up your door seals just pour warm water over the door seals and also bottom of your windows. I couldn't get in to my car at all until I did this. Don't do as I did yesterday and leave your de-icer spray in the car.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Took me 15 minutes to get into mine this morning!
The mirrors froze folded and the windows wouldnt drop down out of their seals.

As mentioned a few buckets of warm water poured around the door/ boot seals works wonders :thumbs:

Still managed to pull the bottom door seal off though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi All

I've put my car into winter mode and stopped my mirrors folding. I also keep a can of de-icer in the house and spray it along the drivers door seals before even unlocking. Last year the drivers door glass refused to go all the way up following a very frosty night. Eventually went up after the sun had been on it for half an hour! The joy of frameless doors...........

Steve

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Took me 15 minutes to get into mine this morning!
The mirrors froze folded and the windows wouldnt drop down out of their seals.

As mentioned a few buckets of warm water poured around the door/ boot seals works wonders :thumbs:

Still managed to pull the bottom door seal off though :rolleyes:

I would think that warm water anyplace near frozen glass is a really bad idea.......... ????

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
If your door lock should be frozen, and warm water not be readily available, an old trick is to pee on the lock. But perhaps not too practical for lady drivers. :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
I would think that warm water anyplace near frozen glass is a really bad idea.......... ????
Cheers to All
Peter
:rolleyes:

Boiling maybe but warm water will be fine !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts