Alfa Romeo Forum banner

641 - 660 of 660 Posts

·
Registered
GT 3.2 V6
35 Posts
I wanted to stream youtube videos over it primary because of music over Android Auto, I would not watch videos because I would make a wreck of my wife's car :D
I can't vouch for legality in your jurisdiction, but what some do is use YouTube Downloader to download videos and then convert to MP3s. There are also online utilities to strip audio into an MP3. Of course, this might constitute theft of intellectual property in some places.

I do have a few YT playlists just to listen to music from my TV while I am working at my desk, so I understand.

Cheers,

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
In the US you can buy a parking brake bypass. Although, I agree with @typos1, this only leads to trouble, although I've seen far too many taxi drivers doing it.
Really ? The lead just needs to be earthed/grounded so youd just connect it to an earth/ground point if you wanted to over ride the parking brake wire, no need for expensive bypasses !

Weekend rains washed out most of my efforts.

Yes, excellent catch, it was pins 9 and 18 (I didn't scroll down doc far enough). I was able to get the mic to work, unfortunately, the quality was pretty bad.

I verified the wires with a multi-tester. I made a 2.5mm mic mono lead (Pioneer unit), and terminated with a double DuPont pin connector. However, using the mic, the other person was rating quality as 3-4 on a 1-10 scale. With the supplied Pioneer mic, they gave it a 10. With the legacy mic from previous no-name brand unit, they also gave it a 10. I used a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter for the legacy mic and called it a day. I didn't have time for reverse camera yet. My other time went into other electrical issue.

Thanks much for your assistance. You've been very helpful.
Hmm, shame, I ve got the interior light from a Giulietta (slightly modded version of the 147/156/GT interior light so direct fit plus comes with mood lights) with a mic, I ll be wiring that up soon, I wonder if it ll be just as bad or better cos its a newer design ?

·
Registered
GT 3.2 V6
35 Posts
You know, if you keep shooting down their devices that don't actually do anything, they might stop making them ;) .

Maybe yours will be in better condition. At one time, my car was used by a smoker. Mostly, it's cleaned now, but given where the mic is located, I can't imagine all that tobacco smoke and tar did the mic any good. Or, it could just be old, or damaged from some other cause. Let us know how you make out with it. If it does work well, I might try to buy a salvage unit and replace it mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this normal that after installing Aftermarket Chinese Headunit, and CT51-AR01 there is almost no bass in my BOSE audio, compared to original Nav+ radio? Subwoofer works, I feel it with my hand, but it's so barely audible that most of bass is coming from the other speakers. How to change that?

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Strange thing to say - not all Chinese head units are the same, there are 100s and like non Chinese ones (although most after market units are made there regardless of brand) there are good ones and bad ones.

Whats the MCU of the device ?

Why didnt you use the RCAs ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Strange thing to say - not all Chinese head units are the same, there are 100s and like non Chinese ones (although most after market units are made there regardless of brand) there are good ones and bad ones.

Whats the MCU of the device ?

Why didnt you use the RCAs ?
I tried RCAs but signal strenght was way weaker (almost no bass at all even on full volume, and quieter), so I bought CT51-AR01 and it's, well, slightly better. Almost no bass on low volume, and something on high. As I said I feel that more comes from speakers than subwoofer. That's strange assuming that subwoofer only takes frequency from other speakers, so if all speakers are loud, sub also should be as effective as it was on Connect Nav+ I assume.

This is the MCU:

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
The way the Bose is set up is base from sub and from speakers, its not all from sub, although I note you say its different than it is with the standard unit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The way the Bose is set up is base from sub and from speakers, its not all from sub.
I understand that - so if bass comes from speakers nicely on high volume, why there is almost none from subwoofer then?

Also - I've noticed that there is way more bass in FM radio than from any other source (mp3, flac, spotify).

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I asked for the MCU cos I know a fair bit about one of the most popular type of Android head unit -MTCD/E ones, however, you dont have one of those.

Have you played around with the settings ?

Often there is a factory settings option with more things to play about with, however, I ve not seen separate bass and treble controls for different sources, only volume controls for different sources.

Do you have a link to the unit ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I asked for the MCU cos I know a fair bit about one of the most popular type of Android head unit -MTCD/E ones, however, you dont have one of those.

Have you played around with the settings ?

Often there is a factory settings option with more things to play about with, however, I ve not seen separate bass and treble controls for different sources, only volume controls for different sources.

Do you have a link to the unit ?

This unit don't have DSP. I've tried with boosting up bass in settings, but that makes everything a mess, that doesn't have anything in common with bass. So settings are all on stock (or set to 0).
What makes me wonder is what I said earlier. Why I hear almost no bass from sub, when I hear plenty of it from speakers? Everything sounds amazing on Connect Nav+, it's like that on chinese HU there is no sub connected, compared to Nav+. That kind of difference. And since I'm using CT51-AR01, signal strenght should be enough (the same as on Connect Nav+, something around 6V i suppose) because on full volume it's really loud. So why there's almost no bass on sub. Strange.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
The Bose system does not have a separate sub input - the sub channel is taken from the four speaker outputs - the Bose amp then outputs the base, you simply feed it four audio outs, so its strange that this does not work with your head unit but does with the factory one, its also strange that the result varies depending on the source.

All the Connects2 thing does is lower the Db outoout so the Bose can re-amplify it, your unit may actually have a % output setting for the internal amp or in factory settings for this purpose in which case you dont need the adapter.

Turn the volume down on the head unit and then connect it directly to the speakers, when you turn it on only turn it up to one or two as it will be amplified twice and quite loud, see what it sounds like like this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Bose system does not have a separate sub input - the sub channel is taken from the four speaker outputs - the Bose amp then outputs the base, you simply feed it four audio outs, so its strange that this does not work with your head unit but does with the factory one, its also strange that the result varies depending on the source.

All the Connects2 thing does is lower the Db outoout so the Bose can re-amplify it, your unit may actually have a % output setting for the internal amp or in factory settings for this purpose in which case you dont need the adapter.

Turn the volume down on the head unit and then connect it directly to the speakers, when you turn it on only turn it up to one or two as it will be amplified twice and quite loud, see what it sounds like like this.
I tried. Without connects2 it's so f**king loud that keyboard pressing sound almost blew up my speakers.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Yeah but what about if you disconnect the Bose trigger wire, turn the stereo on, then put the volume to 1 and turn the key tone sound off, then connect the Bose trigger wire ? At least youd get a sense of what the base is like like this, if its still rubbish you ll know that the stereo isnt very good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah but what about if you disconnect the Bose trigger wire, turn the stereo on, then put the volume to 1 and turn the key tone sound off, then connect the Bose trigger wire ? At least youd get a sense of what the base is like like this, if its still rubbish you ll know that the stereo isnt very good.
I don't know what you are trying to check that way. Key tone is relatively quiet sound (quieter than level 1 on volume for me right now). But it was suuuuper loud when HU was directly connected to speaker output. I believe that when I would try to play music then, whole speaker system will just blew up. Happily key tone was factory enabled so I heard it prior to playing music. It was really, really loud, like you would try to connect guitar to maxed out amp, and add moooore bass to that.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I am trying to check whether you still get your base problem if you use the head units internal amp.

As I said, turn the head unit volume down to 0 or 1 when you do it and then turn it up 1 notch, if will not blow the speakers if you turn it up 1 notch.

It was super loud because it was being amplified by the head units amp and then by the Bose amp, but as I said using the head units amp with the volume turned up to 1 is unlikely to blow the speakers.

I also said to look for an amp output adjustment on the head unit, this will enable you to turn the amp down, but you have not responded ? . . . .

On Android units there is also usually a factory settings option where you can adjust the output of the different sources (this is likely to be where the amp % adjustment would also be), this may also sort your problem.

As I also said before these two settings may mean you dont need the adapter.

If it is this loud at just level 1 on the dial and there are no adjsutments as mentioned above I would get rid of the head unit - thats a ridiculous volume level, plus there would be no way for you to sort your base problem out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok, that makes more sense. But if I will disconnect Bose trigger, no sound should go to the speaker from what I have read, right? And if I connect it, sound will be amplified by HU and Bose amp, right? So how do I need to connect it to not be also amplified by bose?

Regarding your previous question - in factory settings I never saw anything related to internal amp power output.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
You cant connect it without using the Bose system, the idea was to connect it to the Bose with the volume at a low volume level (ie 1) so it wouldnt do any harm.

I would look again at the settings, cos if it doesnt have them I would send the unit back cos youre not really going to be able to use it.

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
Could it have something to do with mismatch of speaker impedance ? Bose speakers are 2 ohms of course, most standard radio's expect 4-8 ohms.....

Also make sure everything is in-phase...

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Unlikely - usually Bose can take a direct feed from speaker outputs at olume level 1 or 2 without being that loud.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You cant connect it without using the Bose system, the idea was to connect it to the Bose with the volume at a low volume level (ie 1) so it wouldnt do any harm.

I would look again at the settings, cos if it doesnt have them I would send the unit back cos youre not really going to be able to use it.
Tried, and strangely enough - no music is coming out from speakers (maybe bose amp cuts off chinese unit too much power source?), but even on level 1 there is huuuuuuge electronic noise, you know, clicking, hissing, squeaking. I've also made a very low volume song, turning it -60db down. With connects2, even on 40 (max volume level) there is literally NO noise from speakers, perfectly clear sound.

641 - 660 of 660 Posts