Alfa Romeo Forum banner

601 - 620 of 643 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Report... after checking of wires: my Alfa GT yellow and red wires are swapped in comparison with standard ISO order. But things remain same after apply standard order - Android was initialized from start.
Is it conclusion that Mekede device doesn't obtain a permanent voltage until start key is in ON position?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Finally, Mekede MK-188L has permanent power during "Standby time". This option user can adjust in settings section of device. Adjustment is possible for time until 1 hour (in steps of 10min.) when device wake up immediately.

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Report... after checking of wires: my Alfa GT yellow and red wires are swapped in comparison with standard ISO order. But things remain same after apply standard order - Android was initialized from start.
Is it conclusion that Mekede device doesn't obtain a permanent voltage until start key is in ON position?
Did you actually check with a testlight or multimeter that there are actually switched and permanent +12 signals present in the loom ?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Did you actually check with a testlight or multimeter that there are actually switched and permanent +12 signals present in the loom ?
Yes, I did, by use of multimeter... switched and permanent wire are swapped on Alfa's side. But in regular order, things remain same. Finally, it is irrelevant because Mekede device disconnect himself after period defined in settings option "Standby Time". Max. value of this period is 60 minutes.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Only remaining problem with my Mekede MKD-188L is adjustment of time - date and all other Android parameters are memorized (as well as radio stations, equalizer, etc.). All automatic time adjustment options (by network/GPS) are disabled.

After starting of Android time is 8:00 and few seconds after, time is +1h in comparison with before defined in time settings section and after approx. few minutes - time is correct. Why is this happening?

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Only remaining problem with my Mekede MKD-188L is adjustment of time - date and all other Android parameters are memorized (as well as radio stations, equalizer, etc.). All automatic time adjustment options (by network/GPS) are disabled.

After starting of Android time is 8:00 and few seconds after, time is +1h in comparison with before defined in time settings section and after approx. few minutes - time is correct. Why is this happening?
looks like it's getting the time from the mobile network or GPS, despite you saying it's disabled.
Why is it disabled b.t.w., usualy it's a neat feature ;)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I disabled automatic time adjustment because correct time appeared on screen much faster than if this feature is enabled. I wonder why previously adjusted time isn't memorized like other parameters in Android or in case of other similar devices (mobile phones, etc.)?

·
Registered
172 Posts
With Bose System what I have to do to get sound? Alfa 159

There are some wires like AMP CON, ANT, KEY15V, but the AMP CON blue wire is separated of power cable, it will work?

Or should I do anything more?

I only have this blue wire on power cable, which says KEY15V, should I connect it to Yellow cable of car?

Wondefoo unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the info Shiny.
Just one question which considerations should I take for the 147 from 2004 just prefacelift.
Note the A, B plug from the unit which is an xtrons one has no pin on the A1, A2 and A5 the big yellow cable is on the A4 and the red is on A7.
Sorry if I sound like a broken record but Ide rather ask.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello !

First of all, thanks for thoses explanations. I bought an aftermarket headunit for my Alfa GT, with an interface for steering wheel commands. And of course, plugging the whole stuff following the instructions provided with the package did not make it work : it can power on, but no sound can be heard.

I understand that it is due to the fact that the C6 wire in the yellow mini-ISO connector has to be connected to the REM OUT wire of the head unit. But REM OUT is already connected to the Alfa's Ub wire.
Is this normal ? And how can I plug the C6 wire to the REM OUT wire ? Should I leave Ub on REM OUT and add a wire connecting it also to C6 (meaning that REM OUT is connected to both C6 and Ub) ?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
"UB wire" whats that ?

I take it you have Bose or an amp ? Either of the blue wires on the head unit loom should be ok if you ll looking to trigger the amp on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ub is the battery wire, as shown in the wire schematic here.
I have a stock Bose. My problem is the fact that the REM output I should connect the Bose to is already connected to that battery wire. So I don't understand what to do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok, I have a correction to do : the REM OUT wire from my head unit is not connected to the Alfa's Ub wire but to the Antenna wire ! Which is more logical.
Sorry I mistook...

But my problem is still the same but a little bit different. :)
I understood the REM OUT provides a +12V power to both the antenna and the Bose amplifier. And in the Alfa side, we have an antenna wire (A5), a Booster In wire (A2) and a Booster switch wire (C6). Should I connect the same REM OUT wire to those three wires in the Alfa ?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Connect REM OUT to the Booster wire on C6, that should trigger the amp on.

Do you have power to your antenna ? You will have to look at the antenna base under the headlining to see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have power to your antenna ?
I do.

As far as I understand, the Antenna and Booster Switch wires have to be connected to a +12V supply that works when the head unit is on : this is the purpose of the REM OUT from head unit. So I was planning on connecting the REM OUT to the Antenna wire, and add a wire from the Antenna wire to the Booster Switch wire, so both are supplied by REM OUT.

Regarding the Booster In wire, its purpose is to supply a +12V power to the Bose amplifier. I was thinking I could also connect it to the REM OUT, so it works only when head unit is on.
But I guess I could also take the power supply from the battery (Ub) wire : the power is constant, but since Booster Switch handles the amp ignition, it won't be on all the time.
Does this make sense ?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The REM OUT wire does not necessarily supply 12v permanently, its a trigger wire, it sends a signal to tell the amp to turn on, it does not power it, usually its a brief signal, hence "trigger".

The antenna wire is for power antennas. This does output 12v permanently. Nowadays its used to power antenna boosters when fitting aftermarket headunits. OEM units often inject "phantom" power directly into the antenna line to power the booster in the antenna, aftermarket units do not, this wire can be used - in conjunction with a power injector (which are often sold incorrectly as "boosters" ) to restore the power supply to the OEM antenna booster. Which is why I asked if you have power going to your antenna - if you do you have a booster and you will need to get power into the antenna line, if you dont you wont need to connect it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you very very much for the explanations ! That's perfectly clear ! Especially the part with the trigger thing that I did not know.
I think I have power into the antenna line, as I previously had the OEM unit with the "Aut. Ant." output. I'll leave the remote output connected to the antenna (and plug another wire to the Booster switch).

·
Registered
GT 3.2 V6
18 Posts
Wow, an 11 year long thread with over 600 replies. I am trying to read through everything, but I read until I kind of get lost, and then fiddle with my bits until I understand the context, then read some more.

I was going to add a reply with more details about what I am doing, but I think I should start a separate thread for my install as there are a unique set of challenges I doubt anybody else is likely to encounter.

This is an incredible resource. I can't imagine trying to figure this out back in 2008, before @shiny_car started it.

601 - 620 of 643 Posts