Alfa Romeo Forum banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
you are OK on all, go to 90 straight.
Update to 90 was successful! Thanks!!
(but not without some hiccups)...
Upon initial attempt, after the USB data validation step I received a message: Installation File Integrity Error
I tried with both the 90 and 85 updates using a 16GB flash drive formatted NTFS
I tried again using a different flash drive (4GB, NTFS) and it worked flawlessly.

Maybe the Magnetti Marelli system is temperamental with some flash memory hardware?
So, if anyone else gets that error message, try with different USB flash drives.

·
Premium Member
7,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Good that it worked in the end.

No idea about usb fash drives. There have been 1 or 2 other people who've needed to use another usb stick to get it working....
Initial Full NTFS format (in stead of quick format) also seems to help sometimes.
Save the drive you now know works ;)
I use a Sandisk 16 Gb USB 3.0 flashdrive myself, which is (obviously) faster then a 2.0, formatted NTFS under Windows 10, . Never had any problems with this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Updated to .90 successfully. Thanks for sharing
cheers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey there,

Has anyone in here had luck with map updates for MY2016/MY2017 models, since March 2019?
Mopar promises 3 years of updates, so for many of us, we are missing quite a bit of that.

Cheers

·
Registered
828 Posts
there is problem with 6.5" version of maps (no 3D etc), there were many complaints, promisses by FCA to release in Dec, now postponed - I heard end Feb or March, can't remember.

·
Premium Member
7,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
there is problem with 6.5" version of maps (no 3D etc), there were many complaints, promisses by FCA to release in Dec, now postponed - I heard end Feb or March, can't remember.
Other then that, the 8.8" version has been coming out with regular updates every 3 months .....

·
Registered
828 Posts
thats why there is speculation headunits delivered for cars with 6.5" had lower amount of Flash memory to fit udpated maps, haven't checked if it is the true - not my issue - have no nav, only AA/ACP for nav.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just to say I've upgraded from 056 to 090 with no issues so far, all features still appear to work fine and didn't even lose any saved details or settings. I'll post if I notice any issues or notable changes. Used 16Gb stick formatted exFat. Updated the mapping the other week so all good. Cheers for making the files available (y):cool:

·
Registered
828 Posts
you will benefit more when you go to the dealer and update all ECUs to match newer infotainment firmware: MV072+ should trigger a few updates availability - for example no longer annoying PDC beeps when you turn on ignition or in Park or Neutral, now only on D or R gear.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks - if I can get them to do it. Already asked them to do the infotainment, which they said they did, except the version was exactly the same as before it went in - that's why I thought I'd give it a go. I will ask them to but I won't hold my breath! Any indys like Autolusso who can do this, or AR dealer only?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Dealers and anybody who has Witech2 and subscription. Will they be willing as warranty thing for free, not quite sure, especially IPC which is long update and I heard about fails from dealer I know. With new infotainment version there is service news (from spring 2019 about replacing radio unit, the same is written also in service news for all radio updates), that 6 ECUs must be at minimal firmware revision (you may not have all ECUs in your car, or some may be already at good enough revision from factory)

161 - 171 of 171 Posts