Alfa Romeo Forum banner

341 - 350 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
... - the gearbox won't change down until it knows it's safe to do so; and therefore won't trigger the display until it actually does change down - when it is within the limits, it IS instant on the display. ...
(y)
Certainly, the gearchange isn't always instant with certain criteria being applied before the gearbox is commanded to shift.

Whether that logic is in the gearbox's ECU or elsewhere is unclear. My guess is the BCM and/or the ECM have a major role.

The publicity for the MY20 Quadrifoglio is, I feel, a bit deceitful when it claims the box can now shift in 150ms. I believe that should be interpreted as the gearbox can change in 150ms when it has been commanded to. The time it takes to complete a shift from operation of the paddle is quite possibly greater.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Unofficial download location onboard manual M72
M72.zip
Note: not sure if the manual will install, as according to enclosed config file it's originally for firmware 002.009.047
I just updated 2016 2.2d Giulia which originally was with MV001.something.077, to MV002.010.041. Manual is gone, I tried to upload the one shared in first post, but got message that it expired. any hints?

·
Premium Member
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
I just updated 2016 2.2d Giulia which originally was with MV001.something.077, to MV002.010.041. Manual is gone, I tried to upload the one shared in first post, but got message that it expired. any hints?
No, never found a more recent manual file myself, and couldn't really be bothered as I never used it anyway ;)
However, maybe you could do something with the .config file included in the zip file.... It's a plain text file that seems to contain info on relevant firmware version, expiry date etc. Perhaps this can simply be modifed.... However, just thinking out loud ;)

·
Registered
942 Posts
its tempting to edit at least expiration date in the config file, though what if such tricking will spoil something? its cusomer car, so I would prefer not to add any risks there. in other hand probably nobody uses this manual, so maybe safer option is that I will leave without uploading the manual

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just an observation... I have always had a big 'downer' on the Alfa Sat-Nav after using the superb Merc Command System. I mostly tend to drive with Top-View/3D view - which is pretty bad, but the best I could get. However, having driven a few days since the 002.010.041 upgrade, I can say that the view perspective on Top-View/3D has definitely improved. The greyscale - as opposed to green - matches the overall theme of the Alfa, but the Zoom Perspective is the biggest improvement with much more control and panoramic view compared to the old version

Slightly happier :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Weird, just checked on mine since the upgrade and the manual seems to be intact, unless I'm missing something...

·
Registered
942 Posts
OK, easy trick. infotainment only checks the date within config file. I didn't modified config file, but changed navigation not to update time/date from GPS, changed year to be 2018, and all went smoothly and works. 1 minute work total, problem solved.

341 - 350 of 350 Posts