Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting my car-audio upgrade, and i need to get to the cables which are going in to the doors from inside the car. Where shall i start ? :)

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
820 Posts
Is it for the 164 or the 166?

Its not that hard to take the door panels off a 166 if you know what you're doing - I did mine earlier today.

Its just a matter of finding all the screws (there are screws on the base of the doors, under the rubber mat in the armrest grip thing, and concealed under a cap behind the chrome lever to open the doors.

You also have to remove the speaker grille and cover - can be done by gently going around the edge with a screwdriver.

Then you unclip it gently.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it for the 164 or the 166?

Its not that hard to take the door panels off a 166 if you know what you're doing - I did mine earlier today.

Its just a matter of finding all the screws (there are screws on the base of the doors, under the rubber mat in the armrest grip thing, and concealed under a cap behind the chrome lever to open the doors.

You also have to remove the speaker grille and cover - can be done by gently going around the edge with a screwdriver.

Then you unclip it gently.
Its for 166, and im not asking about the door cards but how to get to the door wires from INSIDE of the car ? do I have to take dashbord apart ? Where shall i start?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Turn the key to STOP and remove.
Disconnect the battery leads and insulate.
Wait for 10 minutes before continuing.

and here is for front doors...

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

If you need some more information just say !
Thanks for that ! Its a lot of useful information. But i need information how to get to the wires from INSIDE THE CAR not from the doors side. If you have diagrams of that i would be grateful. cheers !

·
Registered
155 Posts
The wires go from the inside into the doors through the square "plugs" at the front, and round connectors for the rear doors. I assume you know which ones I mean, you can see them when you open the doors. Best thing you start with removing the doorstep's black plastic panels with the silver strips, and then the interior panels directly next to it. In the front that would be the cover or side carpet in the foot compartment, for the rear it would mean the (in my car) grey cover of the B-style. From then on you should be able to see the bundle of wires you're looking for. The rest that you may need to remove depends on where these wires go. Hope this gets you in the right direction.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wires go from the inside into the doors through the square "plugs" at the front, and round connectors for the rear doors. I assume you know which ones I mean, you can see them when you open the doors. Best thing you start with removing the doorstep's black plastic panels with the silver strips, and then the interior panels directly next to it. In the front that would be the cover or side carpet in the foot compartment, for the rear it would mean the (in my car) grey cover of the B-style. From then on you should be able to see the bundle of wires you're looking for. The rest that you may need to remove depends on where these wires go. Hope this gets you in the right direction.
Thanks for information, but i was wondering if i can take separatly the dashbord panel that got a vent which is going directly to the doors?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts