Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wiechers Strut Bar is coming shortly and i am just wondering how do i fit it?
Has anybody made a How To guide at all?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

J

·
0 Posts
My Wiechers Strut Bar is coming shortly and i am just wondering how do i fit it?
Has anybody made a How To guide at all?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
there isn't much to it TBH...

all i did with mine was put it in place, put all the bolts in loosely and then do then up, i normally do one per side then go and do the opposite.....

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Add strut bar in place and see which bolts you need to unscrew (with Wiechers,
left side: the front and the innermost, right side: the innermost and the rearmost) Unscrew the bolts and add strut bar in place (use the spacer that comes with it on the right side (I using only one spacer on the rearmost attachment point) if necessary.) fasten strut bar with the longer bolts supplied with it, DONE.

:)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Not really, but your local friendly tyre fitter should let you borrow one of you really want to make sure.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Add strut bar in place and see which bolts you need to unscrew (with Wiechers,
left side: the front and the innermost, right side: the innermost and the rearmost) Unscrew the bolts and add strut bar in place (use the spacer that comes with it on the right side (I using only one spacer on the rearmost attachment point) if necessary.) fasten strut bar with the longer bolts supplied with it, DONE.

When you say that you use 1 spacer, which one (large or a bit smaller)?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Is it an aluminum or steel strut bar you have?, If it is aluminum use both spacers or
it may be a small risk that it breaks.
You use spacer to get enough space between the parts where the arrow points
(on the picture) when you fasten the bolts, thick spacer on the rear mounting point,
the thin spacer on the front mount point.
I use one thick spacer on the rear mounting point using steel strut bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried to fit it today...didnt go so well.
Got three of the bolts in, and the forth (front most drivers side) wouldnt catch the thread.
When it did finally catch we started to tighten in and to our suprise we snapped it.
So half of the new bolt supplied with the car snapped and we were stunned.
First thing we did was called the mechanic who told us to take the bar off, put original bolts in and drive very carefully to him (me is 2 blocks away).
Anyways after looking at it he said that we didnt do anything wrong, it was a crappy bolt and they cannot get it out with the usual drill and use an ez-pull something or other to remove it...so they said they are going to have to lower the suspension slightly to be able to pull it out or something, so a weekend without my spider
Have to wait till monday before i can see if the bar makes a huge differece.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Take the whole suspension strut out, easy done, two bolts at the uprate and three (two in your case) on the strut, then screw the snapped bolt out with a pliers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts