Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, please can anyone tell me how to fast forward (not skip) tracks playing on my iPod through the stereo on my 2011 Giulietta, I don't seem to be able to do this using the controls either on the steering wheel nor via the dials on the stereo itself - only skip to the next track!

Very annoying! Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi there, please can anyone tell me how to fast forward (not skip) tracks playing on my iPod through the stereo on my 2011 Giulietta, I don't seem to be able to do this using the controls either on the steering wheel nor via the dials on the stereo itself - only skip to the next track!

Very annoying! Any help would be appreciated!
I'm also quite annoyed about the lack of this functionality, but on USB media.

I think it is just dated technology, unless anyone knows otherwise?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually you can FFD... the buttons on the steering wheel dont, but the left and right buttons on the head unit do... just hold down, but some times is a bit temperamental:depressed:...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks vf1983, common sense took me to these buttons when I was first trying to FFD but alas they do nothing - how any car manufacturer can not install this 'basic' functionality is beyond me - very annoying!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ohh just realised i failed to ask what head unit do you guys have?? Bose or the original Alfa...
Should have thought of that!

Im running the Bose setup..

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Mine has the nromal head unit and it doesn't fast forward either.

To be honest it is a bit rubbish in general, and I would like to replace it with a DAB headunit of a different make.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Ohh just realised i failed to ask what head unit do you guys have?? Bose or the original Alfa...
Should have thought of that!

Im running the Bose setup..
I've got the bose, but never tried FFD. Too busy driving I suppose. I'll try it next time though.

Mine's a 2013 car, and yours?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
You can't FF on my RadioNAV either (only change track or change directory).

To be honest can't see why you'd ever want to anyway especially as the system remembers the play point on every start.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You can't FF on my RadioNAV either (only change track or change directory).

To be honest can't see why you'd ever want to anyway especially as the system remembers the play point on every start.
I often listen to DJ sets, between 1 hr - 6 hours long. When my missus drives, due to her hatred of electronic music, she often just changes it.

Then I can't revert to where I was! The number of sets I have listened to when I know the first 15 mins off by heart... :)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I often listen to DJ sets, between 1 hr - 6 hours long. When my missus drives, due to her hatred of electronic music, she often just changes it.

Then I can't revert to where I was! The number of sets I have listened to when I know the first 15 mins off by heart... :)
I'd break the sets up, then number them (001 -002 -003 etc) in front of the name so they play in order. shoukd play seamless if done correctly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts