Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

as i don't know how to help in Europe, i thought i'd ask you if someone has a solution for my problem.
I have a Stelvio Q with theft warning system (which I better would not have ordered :headache: !!) and I often have my dog in the trunk with me.
Now the problem is that when i park the car, lock it and he's on board, the alarm goes off practically every time.
I looked at it with my dealer and he set the sensitivity of all sensors to a minimum of 30% / 0.8° and the f***ing alarm still goes off again and again.
There must be a way how i can deactivate the theft warning system completely. My dealer tells me that this is not possible but I can't believe it. What do you say?

Many thanks in advance for your advice!

Greetings from Switzerland!
driver2828

·
Premium Member
8,620 Posts
There must be a way how i can deactivate the theft warning system completely. My dealer tells me that this is not possible but I can't believe it. What do you say?

driver2828
You can't deactivate it completely, other then by locking your door(s) with the mechanical key in your keyfob, instead of electronically.
You can however deactivate the motion sensors and tilt sensors with the button in your ceiling light. This will prevent the alarm going off due to your dog ;)
You have to do this (press the button) every time you lock the car though.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't deactivate it completely, other then by locking your door(s) with the mechanical key in your keyfob, instead of electronically.
You can however deactivate the motion sensors and tilt sensors with the button in your ceiling light. This will prevent the alarm going off due to your dog ;)
OMG the solution is so simple. Thanks for the super fast feedback jwq!! I'll try it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Small info from me. Since 2018 Giulias do not have factory fitted (into BCM) alarm (at least in Poland, but I guess EU or maybe rest of world also applies - guessing due to complaints for the built in alarm?), dealer fitted Mopar alarm to my car (was requirement of FCA Leasing bank to have alarm). With Mopar alarm you can deactivate internal sensors by 2 full cycles of turning on/off car from start/stop button on your steering wheel - you will hear beeps, and then next lock of the car frome either key fob or button at car handle, alarm will ignore internal sensors and so you can leave your dog in the car all right (of course with lowered bit side windows and at safe temperature to keep dog comfortable and safe).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys!

as i don't know how to help in Europe, i thought i'd ask you if someone has a solution for my problem.
I have a Stelvio Q with theft warning system (which I better would not have ordered :headache: !!) and I often have my dog in the trunk with me.
Now the problem is that when i park the car, lock it and he's on board, the alarm goes off practically every time.
I looked at it with my dealer and he set the sensitivity of all sensors to a minimum of 30% / 0.8° and the f***ing alarm still goes off again and again.

driver2828
Get a Rottweiler and you can leave the engine running with Climate control running and lock the doors is a not needed option !

·
Premium Member
8,620 Posts
Small info from me. Since 2018 Giulias do not have factory fitted (into BCM) alarm (at least in Poland, ....
actually, in The Netherlands the factory alarm was never an option, as it's not officialy certified here. So I just have an aftermarket one. It's also required in the Netherlands by the insurance companies to have an additional immobiliser, completely separate from the factory built-in one. I have the Defa alarm system myself
https://www.defa.com/product-category/security-tracking/security-systems/

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
actually, in The Netherlands the factory alarm was never an option, as it's not officialy certified here. So I just have an aftermarket one. It's also required in the Netherlands by the insurance companies to have an additional immobiliser, completely separate from the factory built-in one. I have the Defa alarm system myself
https://www.defa.com/product-category/security-tracking/security-systems/
Thanks for the tips. I always thought, maybe mistakenly, that newer cars, because of the electronics, were harder to steal. Maybe it is just the opposite.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hi Guys!

driver2828
Asks the Guy who is looking to steal as many Alfa's as possible and ship them to Poland, Russia or the Ukraine. Obviously as he lives in Switzerland, at this time of year, he is not concerned about the length of time his car comes up to temperature in the morning, as he has knitted himself a pair of Mittens, a Woolly Pulley and a Balaclava:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Asks the Guy who is looking to steal as many Alfa's as possible and ship them to Poland, Russia or the Ukraine. Obviously as he lives in Switzerland, at this time of year, he is not concerned about the length of time his car comes up to temperature in the morning, as he has knitted himself a pair of Mittens, a Woolly Pulley and a Balaclava:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
i think your statistics of car stealing and target markets are bit outdated in terms of Poland. it would be true but in 90s. also nobody would steal car from uk since there you have steering wheel on wrong side :)

by curiosity check statistics how many cars are stolen annually in Poland vs UK, even if you normalize numbers to country population you have order of 10 times higher than we have. in Polabd also there are no motorbike robberies done on the street by by some moped gangs

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i think your statistics of car stealing and target markets are bit outdated in terms of Poland. it would be true but in 90s. also nobody would steal car from uk since there you have steering wheel on wrong side :)

by curiosity check statistics how many cars are stolen annually in Poland vs UK, even if you normalize numbers to country population you have order of 10 times higher than we have. in Polabd also there are no motorbike robberies done on the street by by some moped gangs
The original poster was in Switzerland, so the steering wheel is "On - the - right - Side! Which also makes your other observations irrelevant.

However, I do recognize that our crime statistics are a function of home grown criminality, which is why I find it perverse to want to Brexit as all those entering our country are the epitome of virtue. Apart from those that keep emptying out Carp Ponds!

Lighten up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
ceiling lite button?

Which Button do you press on the ceiling lite to deactivate alarm? thanks, Janis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.