Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, i've got a MacBook - is there anyway of checking with in the set-up etc whether it has a virus? It has no aftermarket anti-virus loaded, but i download all the Apple updates.

For some reason, it's not acting the way it should if i try and log into my Hotmail account; fine first time around, but subsequent log-ins takes ages. Just want to check if there's a problem, or if hotmail is a tad tardy?

Cheers!

·
Banned
467 Posts
Hotmail and Mac do not work very well together.

Nor does Facebook.

or anything else designed with the "mass' in mind.

Mac's don't need aftermarket anti-virus stuff loaded unless you're looking into some REALLY dodgy stuff.

Take a minute to think why Mac and Hotmail don't work well together??????

I am still using an 8 yr old Powerbook G4 and have NEVER had a bug or virus. Never bought anti-virus stuff either. What does that say?

·
Administrator
23,020 Posts
Hotmail and Mac do not work very well together.

Nor does Facebook.

or anything else designed with the "mass' in mind.

Mac's don't need aftermarket anti-virus stuff loaded unless you're looking into some REALLY dodgy stuff.

Take a minute to think why Mac and Hotmail don't work well together??????

I am still using an 8 yr old Powerbook G4 and have NEVER had a bug or virus. Never bought anti-virus stuff either. What does that say?
I second that.

You could also try various free anti-viral programmes - I have one running in the background - it has never found anything - indeed I have even forgotten what it's called -although it pops up every so often to tell me that everything is OK.

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take a minute to think why Mac and Hotmail don't work well together
i don't think i need a minute to work that one out thanks, mate; that said, it's always opened up fine before, hence my concern.

Boneman, i'll give it a day or so, then check out your suggestion. Paul, if you can remember what yours is called, that would be ace (but no great rush :))

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yet another imaginative name! What is it? An anti virus program. What for? A Mac. Hmmmmm.....

iAntiVirus, of course :rolleyes:

iCouldn't give two hoots for what it's called, so long as iTworks.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
is it only hotmail or are other sites effected? Are you using safari 3.0 if so have you updated to 3.1? Have you done a permissions check using the disk utility app? Is it just browsing that you are having a problem with?

By the way regarding the other comment about hotmail and facebook not working well with Mac, I have never had a problem and they have always worker just fine for me ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts