Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the fuel filter. Do I need to manually bleed it before I start the engine? Some say yes, some say no and just insert the key and let the fuel pump fill the filter.

I can't see a way to do it manually without some external rubber pump which I don't have.

And if I just let the fuel pump do its job, should I remove the pipe that goes from the filter to the engine, then insert the key and wait till some fuel starts pouring out of the filter? Or is it safe to connect the pipes and then insert the key?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to hear that. I have done this in the first place, but even after I repeated it for a few times, I still heard some gargling noise from the filter. It sounds like there is still some air in there. Is this normal and can I turn on the engine?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
There is a bleed nipple on the top of the fuel filter to allow the removal of any air trapped in the filter. Just like bleeding the brakes, get someone to put the key in while you crack it open a bit or do it very carefully with the engine running, use a piece of hose and a receptacle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts