Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been living in my current house with my parents for almost 16yrs now. We have put our house up for sale as were getting fed up with our neighbours and always have runins!!!!

But we have relised today that after 3 viewing and all they people have said no because the parking around here is a joke, this is because all the houses are rented and they just dont give a **** about the house and let the garden overgrow, the paint peel on the windows and doors and leave crap in the street!!!

So my rant is why and how have people have no respect for other people and their propertie :rant::rant:

Oh and also why does everyone around here seem to have more than 2 or 3 cars just for 2 people at the house :rant::rant:

Oh and we got told by the counsel that we have to cut our tree down as it gets in the way of someones window and no sun shines in. What I say is **** OFF, WE BOUGHT THIS HOUSE AND YOU RENT A SHOE BOX :mad::eek::mad:

·
Banned
467 Posts
So my rant is why and how have people have no respect for other people and their propertie

Welcome to Britain in the 21st Century.

Sad. Isn't it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So my rant is why and how have people have no respect for other people and their propertie

Welcome to Britain in the 21st Century.

Sad. Isn't it.
Its a sodding joke though, we have had to replace our fence panels time and time again because the people just smash them up by kicking balls, throwing stuff etc etc.

Its a shame as its a nice area but we just seem to be getting scum move around us :(

·
Administrator
23,021 Posts
I mean this as friendly advice - maybe look at your own attitude - I'll quote you:-

"So my rant is why and how have people have no respect for other people and their propertie"

Followed by:-

"What I say is **** OFF, WE BOUGHT THIS HOUSE AND YOU RENT A SHOE BOX"

Respect is a two way thing.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean this as friendly advice - maybe look at your own attitude - I'll quote you:-

"So my rant is why and how have people have no respect for other people and their propertie"

Followed by:-

"What I say is **** OFF, WE BOUGHT THIS HOUSE AND YOU RENT A SHOE BOX"

Respect is a two way thing.
Cheers for your advice PaulR.

I know respect is a two way thing and we had tried when they 1st moved asking them round for drinks and they wernt interested, fair enough we thought.

Then one evening my old man was looking out the front window and at the time we had a kitten, well they came rather quickly round the side and hit our kitten and killed her. When he came out and confronted the peeps they didnt care what they had done and threatend to do it to our other animals :mad:

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I would suggest keeping your head down for a bit, until you can sell up and move on.
You might be surprised at how your renting neighbours would like to live in a nice street. I'm in a rental an my garden is immaculate.
Do you know any cheap gardeners or handymen. Get a handfull of cards or flyers and stick them in all your neighbours letterboxes. Plant the seed that you don't even have to do anything to have a nice place to live.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would suggest keeping your head down for a bit, until you can sell up and move on.
You might be surprised at how your renting neighbours would like to live in a nice street. I'm in a rental an my garden is immaculate.
Do you know any cheap gardeners or handymen. Get a handfull of cards or flyers and stick them in all your neighbours letterboxes. Plant the seed that you don't even have to do anything to have a nice place to live.
Thats a grand idea there fella!!!

Im just staying shhh now as I have been ******* loads of people off about my views recently!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Who is living in the rentals as this makes a huge difference. My friend recently bought a new build house and has found a good number of the houses in her street are occupied by folk who have rented. Couple of them are not the best. Also if gardens are overgrown etc. what is your council's policy on that? What responsibility do their landlords have?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Oh and we got told by the counsel that we have to cut our tree down as it gets in the way of someones window and no sun shines in.

Check on this. Most trees will have preservation orders on them (it's usually the other way round, "can't we get that tree down, there's no sunlight?" "No, that tree can't be touched" etc...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Where I live they are on benefits and one of them has two cars in an overgrown garden. They have huge TVs, drink morning noon and night, and pump out babies like there's no tomorrow - all on the rates. Fantastic! And their empty cans and take away cartons just get chucked anywhere and everywhere. They live better than the rest of us and have to pay for nothing.

I work harder than I've ever done, and my standard of living is dropping.

We're the idiots!

Welcome to 21st century Britain: the rich tax us and rip us off, and the poor live well on our taxes and make our lives miserable.

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Well it is a stones throw from the counsol estate so they must be venturing out :lol:
That's what Chavs do. Unfortunately. They'll be taking over the country soon. Stealing, lying.......... oh hang on. MY GOD! They're in already!
Where I live they are on benefits and one of them has two cars in an overgrown garden. They have huge TVs, drink morning noon and night, and pump out babies like there's no tomorrow - all on the rates. Fantastic! And their empty cans and take away cartons just get chucked anywhere and everywhere. They live better than the rest of us and have to pay for nothing.

I work harder than I've ever done, and my standard of living is dropping.

We're the idiots!

Welcome to 21st century Britain: the rich tax us and rip us off, and the poor live well on our taxes and make our lives miserable.

So are you classing everyone who lives in a council house a chav a thief and benefit thief?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Certainly not. Not even thieves necessarily; just idle goodfornothings who think the world owes them a living. There are a lot of very decent people on council estates, otherwise I wouldn't live on one, but as the old ones die off they are mostly being replaced not by hard working decent folk (they can't get housing), but by lazy irresponsibles who think having babies without any means of support is just fine, and living off other people's taxes without making any real effort to be self-sufficient is a perfectly proper thing to do.

Jeez, they get a minimum of eleven years free schooling, with free food thrown in if necessary, which is more than most of the world gets, and still they can't manage to make themselves acceptable for any job even with any amount of support available out there. Not much of an achievement is it!

Oh, and I don't blame the government, or 'society', I blame them, and their useless parents.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
my paintwork is looking a bit tatty, too much time under the Alfas, good job there is enough of them to not see the garage doors :D

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
i live in a country village and i have noticed since the ol' housing boom went bust, loads of chavs and jobsworths are moving in as newly built houses have been lying empty for so long they are literally being given away.

They are scumbags, i even had a guy near killed outside my door as a mob wanted him dead for allegedly raping some girl. Not to mention the drunken messes vandalising anything in site:tut:

Being a benifit scrounger myself thou, its easy to see why some don't work. I technically am better off at the minute than i was in my last job. Work that out!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts